Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1 month old 3 was recently sideswiped while parked and now needs to get all its driver-side body panels replaced. :(

Problem is, my local NYC body shop can't seem to get new parts, anywhere. They've gone as far as calling Mazda USA, who admit there's a shortage. It also seems several east-coast Mazda dealers have closed recently. Are people not buying these cars? Anyone else noticed any supply-chain problems?

Looks like I'll be without my baby for quite a few weeks... :cry:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not sure if you caught my thread a week or so ago. Either way, my car was involed in a t-bone eliminating the front end of my 3. It's been in the mazda dealer for about a week, and they're still trying to find part #'s and prices. THe insurance co. had no info on the parts, and Mazda dealer is trying to find them now. Because of the shortage of parts stateside, the insurance adjuster is just trying to total it. I'd say any part you find will probably take at least a month to get in the states. The car is too new, and there are no new parts here yet. You're not alone. I believe Phrog, who rolled his, is getting his car totalled too because of the shortage of parts.

Craig

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now you guys got me all worried. I had to get my bumper replaced (gravel and tight turns don't mix well) and they 'said' everything was in order...but now I don't know.

Assuming they aren't lying though, I didn't have problems getting parts here in Texas.

I want somebody to total mine, so that I get a one with all of the options! ...wait, no. That would suck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They lied, the parts didn't all come in, and they were holding it for a week without telling me they didn't even have parts! I could have been driving my 3 this whole week! Things I've learned by not having my Mazda is that driving in freezing rain on my motorcycle sucks.

Guess the part thing is an international problem. They should have known we'd be wrecking these things like crazy. Oh well, 2 more weeks and I'll get my fancy "fog lamp mounting bracket".

·
Registered
563 Posts
That sux. I found out last week that my car is going to be totalled. The dealer was finally able to get ahold of part prices after a couple days, and the prices were too high and parts to elusive. The headlight were listed above $1500. Now to wait for the insurance check.

Craig

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm much happier. I definately prefer a new car over a month old car with a whole new front end. Plus it will be resolved a lot quicker. I have been working with the insurance adjuster to get it totalled since the beginning.

Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts