Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm planning on become an owner of a MS3 pretty soon, I was wondering what the main differences between the year models were (MPG's, interior, mod options)? Also, what was the build date that the 8.5 started, and whats the difference between the 08 and 08.5.
Thanks for all the help everyone

·
Registered
248 Posts
no diff mechanically. 2008.5 and 2009 have a "refresh" over the 2007-2008. The interior went from grey to black, dash gauge cluster now have white needles, GT now has alancra instead of cloth seating, and all have MP3 play capabiltiy. those are the major differences I can think of. there are loads of threads on this so just search and you shall find.

edit: one more thing. If they are trying to sell you a 2008/2008.5 get them to come way down on the price b/c it has depreciated a year already. And also if the car gets totalled and you have full coverage, the ins would pay you less for the 2008.5 than a 2009. but in the end, it really depends on your current financials and the deal the stealer is willing to do you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No differeneces between late production 2008's(08.5) and the 2009's

08.5 added

-Piano Black Trim pieces instead of silver
-Black Cloth inserts instead of gray on Sport models, and Alcantara Suede inserts instead of cloth inserts on GT trims.
-White gauge needles instead of red
-Added two new colors Metropolitan Gray Mica & Crystal White Pearl Mica( REMOVED sunlight silver & Cosmic Blue)

sorry for repeating some things ForestGrump said.. I just copy and pasted from another thread I posted on.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys.
I'm going tomorrow to go test drive some.
Here is what I'm being offered right now.

Best offer is for a 2009 Sport, "They have an MSRP of $23,410 and an invoice of $21,956. All we ask is for just $200 over invoice. Not only that, but you will also receive our value package. That is a lifetime powertrain warranty and 6 oil changes at no additional charges to you."
What do you guys think about that, I'm still negiotiating with other dealers, and I'm going in tomorrow to test drive all of them and see what each dealership will give me for my trade in.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
[quote author=Vanilla_Nick link=topic=136946.msg2952919#msg2952919 date=1235271486]
Thanks a lot guys.
I'm going tomorrow to go test drive some.
Here is what I'm being offered right now.

Best offer is for a 2009 Sport, "They have an MSRP of $23,410 and an invoice of $21,956. All we ask is for just $200 over invoice. Not only that, but you will also receive our value package. That is a lifetime powertrain warranty and 6 oil changes at no additional charges to you."
What do you guys think about that, I'm still negiotiating with other dealers, and I'm going in tomorrow to test drive all of them and see what each dealership will give me for my trade in.
[/quote]

200 over invoice is bullshit. I got mine for 500 UNDER invoice in december of 07. With the market the way it is now you should be getting at least that. As far as the lifetime powertrain warranty goes, if you plan on doing ANY mods at all I wouldn't take that offer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=smakdown61 link=topic=136946.msg2952996#msg2952996 date=1235274240]
[quote author=Vanilla_Nick link=topic=136946.msg2952919#msg2952919 date=1235271486]
As far as the lifetime powertrain warranty goes, if you plan on doing ANY mods at all I wouldn't take that offer.
[/quote]

Heres what I have so far.
Me: For your lifetime powertrain warranties, what are the stipulations? What
requirements would I have to abide by (regular services and such)? Also,
would I be able to slightly modify the engine, I was wanting to put in a
new rear motor mount as I have read that they can go out rather quickly,
and aren't filled in all the way, I was also maybe going to put a better
cold air intake on it, but that's about it.

Him: For the warranty, you just have to have your regular maintance done. Plus the intake and the trans mount will not hurt any warranty. Mazda even makes an cold air intake.

But i'll talk to him about the price when I got see him tomorrow.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I got my '08 GT for $23,910 in mid-September '08, after both the 08.5 and 09 models had already come out.

I bought it on that day when the Dow lost 800-something points or whatever, basically the first day of the bad times we're having now. So, in effect, I got it right at the end of the 'golden days' of 07-08. They had a sticker price of >28,000 for the car at that point, and I was able to talk them down to sub-24.

If I could squeeze THAT MUCH money off the sticker price when the economy was at the very peak of its booming bubble, then you MUST be able to get a huge discount on your Sport now that the bad times have hit. Think about it: they can't be selling many speed3s these days...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.