Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
they are for a different car, so different parts. the intake goes to different places in the engine bay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd guess that there is more in common between a Mazda3 and Speed3 than not seeing as they both start as a Mazda3.

It just seemed to me that the power gains for the Speed3 with CAI seem to be greater than on a Mazda3 with CAI. Not sure if it is all related to the turbo just "breathing" better or, if the Speed3 CAI is a larger diameter, less bends etc.

-

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yes, it has everything to do with how turbo engines behave. If you ever look under the hood, you'll notice there's a top mount intercooler, and a lot more plumbing, whereas our throttle body is up against the rad basically, well I'm sure you've seen the pics.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67512.msg1161786#msg1161786 date=1169440983]
Yes, it has everything to do with how turbo engines behave. If you ever look under the hood, you'll notice there's a top mount intercooler, and a lot more plumbing, whereas our throttle body is up against the rad basically, well I'm sure you've seen the pics.
[/quote]

that makes no sense.

the reason why the ms3 picks up more power is because it's getting more air and the turbo makes better use of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts