Mazda3 Forums banner

What type of engine do you prefer for Mazda 3?

• Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Petrol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
So wait... this is not the same CDI (CRDI) engine used in the euro Mazda6? They are both 1.6L CDI engines... I can't read French so I'm trusting you in saying that it is new?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New 1.6L CDI engine

My French is ok, I’m reasonably sure about the information.

As referred, the new PSA engines are being first released in Ford C-MAX. You can read the Carpages article (in English, section "Pioneering Powertrains") to compare both engines specifications with the ones presented by Peugeot. 8)

As far as I know, these engines are not available yet in other Ford or PSA models. There is no 1.6L Diesel in Mazda 6 for Portugal or France. Our Mazda 6 starts in 2L engines. Could you please link some information about that version? :?:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/ford/ford_focus_c_max_stylish_and_spacious_part_4_19_02_03.asp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tiny engine, but maybe more ecological.

Indeed its tiny, specially compared with the big petrol engines used in US. I'm not sure, but probably one of the biggest diesel advantages are ecological. This engine can receive a particle filter, in order to comply with the new Euro IV standard. Another advantage here in Portugal, is that diesel fuel is much cheaper than petrol.

Performance - Quote from the Ford C-MAX article, referring the same engine:
The new 1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi produces a maximum power output of 110 PS (108 bhp/81 kW) at 4,000 rpm and robust low-end torque, realising maximum torque of 240 Nm (176 lb-ft) at only 1,750 rpm. The engine accelerates the Focus C-MAX to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 11.7 seconds and has a targeted combined fuel economy of 5.0 litres per 100 kilometres (55.4 mpg) and targeted CO2 emissions of 135 grams per kilometre.
The image from the Spanish article:

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yeah, the few people that use Diesel in the US (TDI, not CDI... I don't know of any US CDI engines offhand) use it because of the improved miles per gallon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Diesel is cheaper too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is around here.
Regular is around .82$ a Litre, Diesel is still in the 60 cent range. Its been quite a while since I saw Regular cheaper than Diesel, only when Gas gets REALLY cheap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my good friend works for Fords North American Diesel, PMT/Engine Systems and keeps telling me about how by the end of this decade they will be starting a system similar to VW TDI line of engines simply because they can build an engine that lasts longer than a petrol one and increase gas mileage dramatically.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts