Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didn't test drive any other car, all my research was done online comparing wrx, nissan Z, honda SI, and maybee a few others. coming from supercharged and then turbo'd cars i pretty much knew i need some kind of forced induction or a whole lotta na power and i wanted to be in the low 20's. i went to the mazda dealer to just look and drive and ended up driving it home.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nope. I knew this was the car I wanted and there weren't any around to test drive when I was ready to buy. I also had a S- plan number that the dealer accepted so that sealed the deal. So I took the leap of faith and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I've orded my ms3 without even driving it... i might test drive a gti just for fun, but i've already made up my mind on the ms3 :lol: I would have test driven the caliber srt4 had it been out

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I ordered mine - don't have it yet, and still have yet to drive one... however - I have driven a normal mazda 3 and love it, so I expect to be pleasantly surprised with the MS3. None of the 'comparison' cars are even the least bit attractive to me, every civic i've driven I hated, I don't like the VW style, I don't like the subie or mistu evo style either, they all just are ugly to me.

A corvette would've killed me on insurance, and is not nearly as practical considering my other means of transportation is a motorcycle i needed something i could carry more than 1 person in, or some junk i buy. The GTO had fugly interior styling, and while I love the sound of a nice V8, none of them could compare on value of the MS3. I'll be shooting myself in the foot if I don't like the MS3 - and I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to spending my money on something...but with everything i've read on here, and from everyone i've talked to, I'll be surprised if I don't like it ;)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nope. Been waiting for this since it was spied as a 3 with ugly hood scoop back in '05? Did go along with my bro-in-law to test drive a GTI the same day he test-drove the MS3 tho. He ended up ordering the MS3 too :D

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
[quote author=P5_2_MS3 link=topic=71289.msg1253026#msg1253026 date=1173233800]
Nope. Been waiting for this since it was spied as a 3 with ugly hood scoop back in '05? Did go along with my bro-in-law to test drive a GTI the same day he test-drove the MS3 tho. He ended up ordering the MS3 too :D
[/quote]

I remeber that lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
[quote author=Unoriginalusername link=topic=71289.msg1253074#msg1253074 date=1173235305]
I remeber that lol
[/quote]

Hey look! It's even in my color!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
I test drove an A4, Civic, Altima, Jetta and a used TL.

the 3 was by far the most fun to drive, which is why i bought one. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
I ordered mine in June of 06 long before they were made so no didn't test drive one or shop around for anything else. I had just totaled my 05 3 and just knew i wanted one....

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I was getting fedup with my automatic and really wanted to drive a stick shift. I needed something fast, good on gas (or at least better than my 15-17 mpg v6)and practical. I also wanted something in the mid to low 20k range. It seemed like nothing fit that bill perfectly. I considered the Civic SI but quickly changed my mind after reading the performance numbers, plus it was too small. The GTI was also too small and out of my price range. I finally narrowed it down to the WRX wagon and was about to test drive one when I heard and read about the MS3. At the same time I was also a frequent lurker over on clubWRX and Nasoic where I began reading the horror stories of blown trannies, diffs, axles, denied warranties etc. At that point I gave up on AWD and its hidden issues. I didn't see any problem with owning a powerful FWD and the ms3 fit my needs perfectly: it looked good, the price was right, it was spacious, fast and noticably better on gas than my last car. Also the mag reviews were all positive for the most part. I was sold and ordered it soon after it was available in the US.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nope. I even went to a joint VW/Mazda dealership to buy it.

I never looked at the GTI. Just way too much $$ for 60hp less :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I never even heard the car before I bought it. I had a 04 3 hatch and loved it and when my friend (wrx owner) shoved a copy of one of those car mags in my face comparing his to the ms3 I started thinking.......Went to the dealer the next day and started talking. Ordered one and paid before I even drove it(told me they couldn't test drive any of the speeds) Which is hard to believe since they tell me they are the number 3 mazda dealer in the US. But anyways, I love it, didn't need to test drive it since I already had a 3 and it looked/felt basically the same. Haven't ever been more happy with a decision before!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Had driven type-s rsx, new si, wrx, sti, evo, gti... not one added up to all that my MS3 is. For me, it is perfect. :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Drove any 07 that I was vaguely interested in:

- wrx
- si
- gti
- altima

Haven't blinked yet and I'm FINALLY about to put in my order.

·
Registered
223 Posts
A buddy of mine has an 06 wrx tr, and after taking some spirited drives through the mountains it was enough to convince me that the wrx would be my new car. I lusted away for 6 months while I saved up enough for a respectable down payment on a new 07 wrx, obsessing over the i-club and nasoic forums while I waited. Then I read that magazine article comparing it to the ms3, which got me a little curious. I finally decided to go test drive the speed in January, and after it was done I walked straight into the dealership and made my deposit. I had forgotten all about the subaru at that point...which says a lot about the mazda, since the wrx was rediculously fun to drive. No regrets though!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I test drove an STI, Mazda 3, and Mazdaspeed 6.

Sti was too "race prepped", Mazda 3 nice but slow, speed6 fast and similar to my DSMs early performance but too big.

Decided that the speed 3 would be perfect. Evo was priced out due to the cost to maintain and hawaii markup.

ONLY grip I have is the gross markup I paid and the service I've been getting from this particular dealership. Kick myself that I did not shop around.

The other options after the Hawaii Markup were Lexus IS250 and BMW 3 series. After thinking practically, I stuck by the speed3. :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nope! went to a Dealer 50 miles away and looked ast the MS3. I traded my MSP opn the spot. MY car was sitting on the showroom floor, so no test drive for me I didnt need one. When i drove it away i had a huge smile on my face because I was overly suprised on how great it was. A test drive woudl have ruined it..lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts