Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just checking on this because I don't remember getting a valet key with mine. I only got two keys and two remotes. I called the dealer who of course says only two keys come with the car.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I've read other threads on this. The 3 owners don't get a valet key. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I didn't get a Valet key! :-/

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hatchback owners don't get a valet key, seeing that valets will have access to the cargo area anyways, whereas they won't with the sedan/trunk.

You just have to watch out for what you're keeping in the glove compartment.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a sedan and no Valet key

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i have a sedan and i also dont have a valet key just two keys...

·
Registered
168 Posts
LeeLee said:
Hi, just checking on this because I don't remember getting a valet key with mine. I only got two keys and two remotes. I called the dealer who of course says only two keys come with the car.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
I don't believe either versions (sedan or hatchback) of the Mazda 3 offers a valet key. For the record...I didn't get one either...just the two masters.

Spencer

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah not sure if either do since there is an easily accessible trunk release in the car, not much point if you ask me.

At any rate a valet key for the 3 hatchback would be moot since there is no keyhole anyways.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Not just that, the cargo space is directly accessible from inside the car.

I thought I remembered some owners on the edmunds board saying they receieved valet keys with their sedan. Probably just my imagination (as half of my posts are :razz:).

Is the inside trunk release lockable? How about the rear seat release? No point in asking, I guess... no valet keys.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had thought of this as well. Just recieved the two masters. The glove box locks, but I'm not sure for what use. It won't keep out a valet, because he has the key, and I doubt it's there to stop theives. If they have made it to the glove box, the lock on it is not going to stop them. As far as the trunk release being easily accessible. Old ford taurus' used to have a lock on the gas/trunk releases on the floorboard.

Ohh well, I'm too cheap to use valet, plus that bastard isn't driving my 3.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In the owners manual (US version) it states the keys fit all locks which seems to imply there is no valet key.

Although it would be nice if there was a valet key so at least the glove compartment could be "secured" if the car needs to be serviced or valet parked.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've never even heard of a valet key...

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Zimmerman said:
Yeah, what's a valet key? Never heard that term before, either. Would that be considered the seperate key that would only open the locks (like on old GM vehicles and the like)?

JT

·
Registered
157 Posts
JimmyT said:
Zimmerman said:
Yeah, what's a valet key? Never heard that term before, either. Would that be considered the seperate key that would only open the locks (like on old GM vehicles and the like)?

JT
Can anyone say white TRASH? Valet keys are something that people get in higher class cars, unlike the lower class Mazda.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
rockintunes23 said:
Can anyone say white TRASH? Valet keys are something that people get in higher class cars, unlike the lower class Mazda.
You're such an idiot. The mazda6 comes with a valet key you moron. The 3 is an economy car so doesn't come with a valet key. Maybe we can ban you just like you were on your precious Mercedes board.

·
Registered
424 Posts
FANaticalKira said:
I do believe you got owned...
Bitchorized, bitch slapped, ownzored, that is. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts