Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been looking at what some people have been paying on their 3's, and I think I got a really good price. I ended up buying a 3s 4 door with the 5 speed, sport package and ABS/EBD/SRS. The car stickered at $18500 with destination. I ended up paying $13500 with the trade in of my 1996 buick century. The car had at least 100 paint chips on one side along with every corner being scuffed (my great aunt owned it before me). It had relitivly low miles, 55,000. But still, the trans shifted like crap and it had creaks and rattles all over the place. Kelly Blue Book says the Buicks trade in value is at $1415. Anyways, I ended up getting $5000 of the sticker price with only a POS trade in.

Anybody else get this good of a deal.

I'm not bragging, but letting you all know that they have quiet a bit more room to work with price wise than they let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
trade in

Wow! You got a better deal than us. We have a 1993 Crown Vic,2nd owner, few nicks and scratches but in A-1 machanical shape, with 102,000 miles on it. New tires, plugs,wires and battery. Blue book says $1450 :shock: , they gave us $2000 for ours. But the invoice he gave us was $16,615, which I thought that was a little high. But I don't think the $14,615 is really to high, condsidering how old my Crown was, and its not getting any newer. I'm getting my new Winning blue 5dr on Friday, I can't wait. Will be Xmas all over again. I will miss the dependability of my Crown, but I'm hoping my new Mazda3 with give me the same in years to come.ZOOM, ZOOM,ZOOM. Would like to know if I got screwed or was this a deal worth taking??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Invoice for your car is about $17,000. So even if you got the car at invoice, that's still $3500 they gave you for a trade-in. I got to say, that sounds like a pretty spectacular deal to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, thats what I thought. It's funny because I beat the crap out of it. I got it with 14000 miles, and by 55000 I put in a new trans, new allignment, new alternator, 3 new injectors, and one intake gasket (it ran on coolant instead of oil for 400 miles). It was in two accidents, but neither were my fault. The body had so many creaks and squeaks from doing parking brake 360's and burnouts. Oh, and it only had 2 working speakers. I think I took the dealer pretty good!

·
Registered
256 Posts
mbhrdc0re said:
I think I took the dealer pretty good!
Well, they probably made money somehow, I just can't figure out where they made it. You sure you didn't trade away some ultra-rare collectable Buick Century? :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts