Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this question on another thread that i didn't start so i thought i'd start one for it.
Basically, I was driving in second gear on a steep climb at low speed with my car bogging down drastically. I would've shifted into first but there was a car right behind me and i would've moved back a bit if i did(still trying to master shifting). Do you think i damaged anything by staying in second gear? :huh

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice that the clutch pedal(and sometimes the brake and gas pedal) now have a buzzing/vibrating sensation to it when driving, and releasing clutch when shifting. I hope it's nothing. :tense:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
could be your release bearing, but if it makes it with gas and brake also its probably something else or nothing at all

how many miles on the car?

you probably wouldnt have been able to go into 1st unless you where going really slow anyway

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
[quote author=someguy link=topic=68036.msg1172605#msg1172605 date=1169968931]
I notice that the clutch pedal(and sometimes the brake and gas pedal) now have a buzzing/vibrating sensation to it when driving, and releasing clutch when shifting. I hope it's nothing. :tense:
[/quote]

Happens periodically to me, but I don't notice it unless I'm going pretty slow (in traffic).

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Next time just try to build up some steam before hitting a hill, and then if you have to downshift a gear, do it. I agree with whoever said you'd have to be going really slow in order to downshift into first for climbing a hill.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=68036.msg1172753#msg1172753 date=1169992916]
Next time just try to build up some steam before hitting a hill, and then if you have to downshift a gear, do it. I agree with whoever said you'd have to be going really slow in order to downshift into first for climbing a hill.
[/quote]

Yeah, I remember looking in the manual there's a certain speed you have to be going to downshift into 1st.

I looked it up just now, page 5-16. Doesn't make sense to me though, says downshifting to 1st you have to be going less than 27 mph. I'm confused. Can someone explain? Maybe I'm not interpreting this right.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=ebhcr link=topic=68036.msg1173058#msg1173058 date=1170009876]
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=68036.msg1172753#msg1172753 date=1169992916]
[/quote]

Yeah, I remember looking in the manual there's a certain speed you have to be going to downshift into 1st.

I looked it up just now, page 5-16. Doesn't make sense to me though, says downshifting to 1st you have to be going less than 27 mph. I'm confused. Can someone explain? Maybe I'm not interpreting this right.
[/quote]

That can't be right.... if you downshift into 1st when you are going above 25 the engine is gonna whine like a mofo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts