Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I searched, but did not find the answer.

I have a 2006 Mazda 3 with the stock non-Bose head unit with the built in 6 disc cd changer. I do not have satellite radio, or any other after market electronics installed. I have the I-MAZDA-R DICE ipod controller plugged into the back of the stock radio with the other end connected to the video cradle. My ipod is a newly purchased 80 gig video which came with software version 1.2.1

Everything works as advertised, except for two problems I am having. First, the ipod rarely turns off when I turn the ignition key off. Some times it will turn off, but usually it won’t. If I turn the car off with the key, wait a few seconds, then turn the key back on for one second, and off again, Then the ipod will shut off every time. This is not the most convenient way to deal with the issue. It does not matter if I turn the stereo off first, or if I leave it on before I shut off the car.

The second problem deals with listening to music. When the ipod changes to the next song, it plays the first second of music, then “cuts out” for one second, then continues playing the song. It doesn’t do this every time, but abut 90 percent of the time. The ipod works fine with headphones and home stereo connector. It only does this when connected to the DICE module. It does not seem to matter if I let the ipod play through several songs, or if I fast forward. It still cuts out regardless. The switches are both set to the off (dice) mode. If switching it over to the ipod mode with both dip switches in the on position will solve the problem, I will try it but I want to know for sure because I will have to take the entire console out along with the HU to access the DICE module. I don’t want to do this unless it will solve the problem.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you want, I can bring my iPod along with for our meet in a couple weeks, and we can test just to make sure it's not your iPod. It's pretty much the same as yours (same firmware and everything, but it's a 60GB model that the 80GB replaced).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks! I e-mailed dice electronics, but haven't heard back from them yet. Other than these small (but annoying) glitches, I am pretty happy with the setup. I don't know anyone else who has this device so I am curious if there are any user "secrets" that I don't know about yet.

Usability, convenience, sound quality are excellent. If I can find a fix for the initial cut out issue and unrealiable shut down I will rate the product a perfect 10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts