Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the de ils own has been hooked up for a while now and it doesnt seem to be using as much as i hear other people use. what would be the best way to make sure its at 100%. and can you turn the pump up

WITH METH

WITH OUT METH

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Re: devils own out put problem

YOU HAVE TO TUNE FOR METH.

Better get yourself a standback or Cobb tuner. 50/50 is a good mix to start with, but some guys run 100% with a tune.

·
Registered
153 Posts

As I understand it, you have to tune for meth to get the performance benefits out of it, but just letting it spray on a stock tune is fine ... it just makes things safer in that it'll keep you cylinder temps down and richen up your AFR a bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i know i need to tune for performance benifits. my concern is that it is not spraying like it should. i hear people use a gallon maybe every fill up or two. mine doesnt use nearly anything. im using the number 5 sprayer. so how can i find out if it is spraying like it should

·
Registered
153 Posts

You'll likely have to remove the nozzle to visually look for a spray ... if you teed into a vacuum line for boost trigger, use an air compressor to pump that up to your boost trigger point (14 psi or whatever). Otherwise, can you have the nozzle placed outside the hood somehow and go for a drive??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts