Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 2.0 SkyActiv with an automatic transmission. I want to replace my transmission fluid, but I am unsure of which type Mazda fluid to get. The 6-speed auto takes one grade of Mazda fluid, the 5-speed auto takes another grade, but I am unsure which one I have. If anyone is familiar, mine does not have a normal auto transmission dipstick that can be found near the top of the engine. Is that a clue to which transmission? My owner's manual does not tell me. I tried a VIN lookup, but that didn't tell me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm new to Mazdas. But, I just bought your twin a few weeks ago. 2012 Mazda 3 2.0 with Skyactive and automatic transmission. From what I have found online, the Skyactive has a 6 speed auto, the non-skyactive is a 5 speed auto.

You can also shift gears manually and see if it has a 6th gear, but you would need to be going highway speeds for it to go into 6th.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
47 Posts
Why dont you reach out to your mazda dealership parts department with your VIN number and ask them ?
They can look it up and give you the part number for that transmission fluid (if they can give you the specs for that fluid even better)
If not, you can look up that part number on the internet and surely find the specs for that fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 2.0 SkyActiv with an automatic transmission. I want to replace my transmission fluid, but I am unsure of which type Mazda fluid to get. The 6-speed auto takes one grade of Mazda fluid, the 5-speed auto takes another grade, but I am unsure which one I have. If anyone is familiar, mine does not have a normal auto transmission dipstick that can be found near the top of the engine. Is that a clue to which transmission? My owner's manual does not tell me. I tried a VIN lookup, but that didn't tell me.
My 12' 3 has 375 ,000 miles on it.
It is the skyactiv. 6 sp auto.
It is a sealed non serviceable unit as far as I know.
Never had a problem, never changed fluid, I have not found any information on changing it or when to change it.
It is a fantastic little car.
Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 12' 3 has 375 ,000 miles on it.
It is the skyactiv. 6 sp auto.
It is a sealed non serviceable unit as far as I know.
Never had a problem, never changed fluid, I have not found any information on changing it or when to change it.
It is a fantastic little car.
Jim
I was worried about not changing mine too and was discouraged by the dealer saying that if I am not having any problems that I should not change my fluid because it is a sealed unit. I was skeptical at first but the 375K miles on yours is reassuring. I always watch that Scotty Kilmer guy and he always say that almost everything is an endless money pits.:D .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts