Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, picked it up on April 12th. Have since put 4000km on it on a road trip through NYC, NJ (along the coast), through Pennsylvania, Delaware, DC, Virginia, Maryland. Hope you like the pics! I will post some more soon including:

- interior
- all weather mats
- cargo mat
- cargo net
- more exterior

http://members.cardomain.com/derek_derksen
or

See all you Torontonians at the next 3 meet!

· Registered
859 Posts
Yes, grest pics!! :)

Ive been very impressed at the artistic photographic ability of many who have posted pics here. Love the rusty parking meter!!!

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluntman said:
Hey congrats! You can finally put that old Neon to rest! Is the 3 everything that you expected? Now Snickers can "photochop" your car! :lol:
Thanks man. The neon is history :D I love almost everything about the car. If I was to be really picky, I would have prefered a nicer shift boot, plastic that isn't marked quite so easily, remote trunk. Other than that, it's great.

Thanks for the nice words on my photography. My car was dirty in the last one but I tried to hide it. Hey Sinckers, bring on the 'chop'. I'm waiting!

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Llumar Paint Protection is the same as the 3M clear bra. There really isn't much difference. They are both UV protected. The Llumar is clearer than the 3M though.

I had a friend of mine do it. He said that he would charge about 2-250 for the hood, fenders and mirrors. The bumper is pretty costly to have done. The paint on the 3 is apparently not very good. This stuff is supposed to be very good.

I will post pics soon. If you search for 3M Clear Bra here, you will most likely come up with some pics.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rims... nah. I like the stock 17's. Just waxed 'em yesterday. I like simple (read: easy to clean) rims. :D

Mods... maybe. I was thinking stereo first. Change out the speakers and a new amp. Something clean and well rounded. I don't think I'm gonna mess with the performance upgrades though. Never been a modder before. I like to spend my money on other toys.

Thanks for the comments!

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
conor said:
that first picture looks like you have some ridiculously dark tint on the windows.

nice 3, very clean pics, i like.
I was using a circular polarizer on my lens. It cuts down on non-metallic reflections and gives richer, deeper colours and tones - hence the dark windows. They are actually quite light - 35%!

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a Canon Digital Rebel W/18-55 EF-S Lens and some accessories:
Sigma 55-200MM telephoto zoom lens
Tiffen Circular Polarizer Filter
Tiffen UV filters

Shoping around for a fisheye but a decent one starts at 700!

Love it so far.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I gotta have the SLR! You just can't do the same things with a P&S (point and shoot.... piece of s*** :lol: )

It's a hobby of mine, hence the money being spent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.