Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make a few upgrades to my 08.5 mazdaspeed3 in the near future and was hoping I could get some recommendations from the board on dependable shops in Charlotte, NC. I just moved here not long ago and am not very familiar with the area. Where can I get a quality tint job for a reasonable price? Also, I might be looking to make some performance and lighting upgrades as well. Any shops that you would recommend? I've searched but am not sure which places have quality experience and a good reputation. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here are some:
Speedstyles Charlotte.
B.R.E. Concord.
Draco Performance Charlotte.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw speedstyles before and asked for a quote on window tinting. Are they known for performance or window tinting or what? They quoted me $175 for my whole car and that seems cheap. Do you happen to know if they use metalized film?

Also, if they are dependable with tint and performance, I may consider getting them to throw on my mazdaspeed intake as well. What is a reasonable price quote for an intake on a speed3 or am I ridiculous for even asking and not just doing it myself?

·
Registered
147 Posts
the stealership charges $150 for MSCAI install. am planning to do it myself... probably in 2 weeks. will let you know how it went.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes, I figured it would be something like that. Please let me know how it went.

I actually think we'll have a pretty good trade going here because I plan to get my tint done this weekend and suntek sunstoppers appears to be in the lead. I'll let you know who I decide to go with but they seem excellent.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Draco Performance is offering 4 windows tinted for $100 through the end of the month, they just started offering this, not sure the kind of tint, it cant be much more for back glass and quarter glass windows.

Here is there Info.

Barry & Leslyn Bodine
Owners
www.Draco-Performance.com
Cornelius, NC
Cobb Protuners
Haltech, Utec, Hydra
Mustang AWD Dyno
704-892-7661

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going with the Carbon series. Getting it done Saturday afternoon and was quoted $250 tax included out the door. I'm willing to pay extra to get a quality job for the tint-don't want it to fade or anything and this place looks legit. Guy knew what he was talking about and they have high quality facilities. Also from the website looks like he's done a lot of work on 3's, possibly even a speed3 (board guy?) given the picture...

I'll definitely keep Draco in mind for performance upgrades however because they look like that's their specialty. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
what up g-love...I'm back in town..so if you see a Red M3 with black wheels...lol u know what's up.
:p
yeah, they did...I knew the guy who worked there and paid like $120 for carbon tint I think.
He doesn't work there nemore though :(

I got 35% but it reads 28 on the meter...so inspections are always tricky.

but love the tint though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
welcome back noob - you still work in downtown? found another member called 'subparpunk03' with a cosmic blue ms3 living in downtown. he frequents the carolinamazda forums though. not to thread jack but i bought a mscai and this guy is going to help me install it... i think :)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
[quote author=g-love link=topic=138803.msg3023912#msg3023912 date=1238291478]
welcome back noob - you still work in downtown? found another member called 'subparpunk03' with a cosmic blue ms3 living in downtown. he frequents the carolinamazda forums though. not to thread jack but i bought a mscai and this guy is going to help me install it... i think :)
[/quote]

thanks dude..I'm happy to be back..sunny weather and nice scenery downtown (haha..you know what i mean)
I don't work downtown anymore..but I still visit all the time.
I can help too if you want.
we should do a CAI party..I need to clean my filter :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
ok, question guys...
I'm in Virginia and the legal limit is 50 in front and 35 in the back...and i was thinking about getting 25 in back and 35 in the front just because it would look sick ha, but will that be included in the state inspection check lists?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
[quote author=benwhite link=topic=138803.msg3029591#msg3029591 date=1238524029]
ok, question guys...
I'm in Virginia and the legal limit is 50 in front and 35 in the back...and i was thinking about getting 25 in back and 35 in the front just because it would look sick ha, but will that be included in the state inspection check lists?
[/quote]

yeah they check tint with a meter!
unless you know of a place that will pass your inspection with dark tint...don't do it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dang man, thats not cool :angry:
Oh well, is 50 up front going to make a big difference anyway for should I just not tint then?

·
Registered
147 Posts
also keep in mind that the car comes with a slight tint on the glass from the factory. so if you install 35% tint film, the combined tint may measure more than what is allowed.
i think 50% will still look decent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts