Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understnad there has been a thread on what u dislike about the 3 and 6, now this is different. Im asking any and ALL defects you guys have noticed, with the 3. I want to be sure b4 i go buy it. I understand theres a brake thing. (Im a complete car newbie plz explain to me) And feel free to post any at all defects you notice in the 3 as it is a first year car. Thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i understand that you understand what we dont like about the 3's and 6's...and i understand that you've read about the problems... or defects as you may call them, that have been posted on the forum =) the only defect is that you havent gotten a 3 or 6 yet ;)! honestly its a damned solid car and there are minor glitches on a handful of members here...so i think most of the "defects" that are known have been covered in the forum.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
There's 4 things that some people have encountered.

1- air bag crash sensor light comes on due to a defect in the original sensor. (this is mostly in Canada or where you get lots of humidity because it's what is causing the original sensor to malfunction.

2- fuel pump

3- Car pulling on one side so in need of an alignment.

4- rear brake rotor getting a deep groove in it.

These are the main stuff that has come up...some other things happened to others but they are more isolated cases.

That being said...the 3 is a fine car....hell my friend's acura air conditioning in his new car had a problem...the water instead of dripping below the car was actually dripping inside the car....a new car being flooded....not pleasant.
Keep in mind that you would be extremely unlucky to have all 4 defects. I only got the air bag sensor problem and it's fixed. Everything else is working great.

You can also do a search because most issues have been already discussed on the board.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yea reminds me of my aunts new 2003 accord....after about a month of owning it...haha the backlight for the center console shut off...so they couldnt see the center console during the night time....accord v6 lx trim sedan haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.