Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2.0L 07 Sedan Mz3 and I want it to sound more like a race car...

My question is that i suspect that somebody has done some modding that made their car sound deeper if that you understand, I think the stock sound isn't "mean" enough, i want a deep sound, but not a Honda sound that is like everything is cracking as soon as you hit the gas, just a mean, deep sound, so what parts do you recommend?

exhaust?
cai?
air filter?
Anything else, just shot anything that worked for you

·
Registered
131 Posts
if you want more deep sound you should get and exhaust and a CAI... the exhaust must have a resonator if you want deep sound... im waiting for a twin loop exhaust wich in other cars give deep sound... integra owners uses them here and it sound really deep... with this if you dont push the gas very down your car will not sound loud... but if you push it youll get a deep sound...hmmm i want to compare it with something for you... i lll post a link from youtube and youll say if you dont like that deep... see ya
NOTE: im waiting for it so i dunno how it fits in mazdas when i install it ill post pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZA1pLY3tmo

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
here is a video of my car
i only have an intake
(F2)

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
oh yeah!

just wished we could have a run!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well if you get a CAI you don't have a stock filter which I think your refering to. I would add headers to your list if you want a louder car.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
headers and stock exhaust doesnt sound louder

headers and full exhaust yeah that is very loud and vibrating too

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
ahh! man after hearing the f2 in person it makes me consider trading my f5 for the f2... time to crunch some numbers.

question- with the f2, when you stomp it, does it growl or whistle? because i know the f5 whistles (sounds kinda turbo, its very nice). i cant tell if the f5 rumbles or not because when i stomp it i hear exhaust rumble...

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
most will whistle

F2 does on light WOT

but when u really step on it!
well u hear what u hear in the video

·
Registered
593 Posts
I hear quite a bit of air flow Injen as well.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
ah thanks. the f5 seems to whistle louder when you punch it. plus i think it gets higher pitched too.. really reminds me of a turbo.

ahh man! F5 vs. F2 :? keep what i have or trade up...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have had both F2 and F5, to be honest they sound similar. There are little differences. The F5 does whistle more then the F2. The F5 does growl(had it on without exhaust) but the F2 is deeper, i think thats due to the larger pipe diameter. Both whistled when I tapped my pedal btwn 2500-3500, I am actually able to play with the whistle. I dont know where but I did a write up describing both. I am gonna look for it

·
Registered
508 Posts
the F5 has a better throttle response. they both bog at lower rpm's. the f2 bogs a lil more however once you start getting higher up, the F2 is better then the F5, especially at the end right before redline. This is when the F2 blasts and screams(a beautiful thing) In any case, if you are driving like your racing the bogging should not be an issue at all. It's not bad anyway.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I had a video clip of my CAt back exhaust set up but its gone. :(

I'll see if I can get another one

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=NYKNIGHT link=topic=71402.msg1256074#msg1256074 date=1173365225]
the F5 has a better throttle response. they both bog at lower rpm's. the f2 bogs a lil more however once you start getting higher up, the F2 is better then the F5, especially at the end right before redline. This is when the F2 blasts and screams(a beautiful thing) In any case, if you are driving like your racing the bogging should not be an issue at all. It's not bad anyway.
[/quote]

hmm man iono, in city driving i shift about 3-3.5, when i feel like it ill shift at like 6500. so i take it the f2 has a better pull from a rolling... sayyy... 60?70+? it seems like up there the f5 is sucking like crazy.

also i dont know if this is a joke piece or not, but i found a universal (im assuming) 3 inch piece of piping with openings for maf sensor that is for the "mazda3". i dont think itll do anything, but nonetheless i found it today in shop.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/brand.php?makeid=16&modelid=288&year=2004&partid=14940

·
Registered
508 Posts
either way I say(in my opinion) the F2 and F5 are the best out there. I prefer the F2 but wish it had a better filter that is the only negative thing I could say about it. Otherwise, I feel it gives a little more juice then the F5. Again, I would say both are very good intakes. The F5 is also one peice so a tad easier to install.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote author=NYKNIGHT link=topic=71402.msg1256074#msg1256074 date=1173365225]
[/quote]
since i got my F2 i went to the track once.

but on all 3 runs i did.

i almost had to shift into 4th gear.
in one i actually had to.

i dont get better time than stock (i only done 3 runs now i have practice) but i get higher trap speed.84 compared to 88.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
thanks for the input guys. i think ill just hold off (after all my intake is second best :p) and if i find a f2 used for a decent price ill buy and sell my f5. otherwise ill probably just keep my f5.

anyone seen those 3" maf things before? does the f2 crimp down to 2.5 for the maf also?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts