Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from the dealership last night and they said that they are getting a MS3 in trade from Wisconsin. So I've got two options, wait until the middle of March for a brand new speed3 or purchase the one coming in from Wisconsin. They both have exactly the same options and are the same model; the only difference is that the one coming tomorrow will have around 600 miles on it. I'm told 300 miles are on it now and an additional 300 will be added from the trip from Wisconsin.

So my question for you guys is should I wait for the one w/o in miles in March or take this one?
I'm going to ask for a reduction in the price (MSRP) because of all of the miles; what dollar amount is reasonable?
Is it realistic that a new car will have 300 miles on it? 300 seems fairly high to me for a car that is only test driven IMO.

Thanks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you have a car that is running now and gets you from A to B, I say wait until March...it will make it that much better when you actually receive the car. Also, who know how those 600 miles were/will be driven, especially during the break-in period...and yeah, that is a lot of miles for a "new" car. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Also, the 300 that they put on bringing it from Wisconsin will be highway miles, and I'm sure that they won't be doing any shifting or varying rpms during that time to properly break in the car (600 miles is exactly the break in period stated in the owners manual). If you have another option, be patient and get the new one.

Unless, of course, you get a killer deal on this one, then you might have to think twice about it. If you check out the Mazdaspeed section, there are plenty of threads listing what people paid for their ms3's, it will give you a good idea of how much of a discount you should get for the mileage. Either way, good luck!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would wait. Like someone said. Its 600 miles of abuse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts