Mazda3 Forums banner

How many people kept their dealerships name on their Mazda 3

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me personally, the instant I signed the paper work and went to drive off I took it right off. Mine was one of the better ones that stick out and kind of looked like the 3 Logo. I've seen some that were just stickers, but usual was accompanied by a license plate holder with their name on it. The dealership tried to put the license plate holder on mine, while I watched him "BEND" my license plate, I stopped him, showed him how to put a plate in the holder, I then put the plate on my car without the holder. (He had just started there, obvious noob)

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
I told the dealership where my car came from (I didn't like them much in the end) that if they left their name on MY car, I would have to charge them advertising fees. They left only a frame on the rear plate which I removed the moment I signed the paperwork.

·
Registered
913 Posts
mine was only on the plate frame. But I took that off as soon as I got home. I hate when they put badges on the car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The dealership I bought my MZ3 from had a vinyl sticker on the back right and license plate frames on the front and back. I took them off as soon as I got home. What sucks is when they put tint on my car, they stuck a logo under the tint on the drivers side window. I can't remove it unless I cut that part off with a razor. :x

·
Registered
913 Posts
^ that sucks about the tink. I hate those sneeky dealers

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I got the car, the vinyl sticker on the back was off the same day and the plate frames where changed out for clear covers the next day.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I mentioned to my dealer about 10 times that I didn't want any stickers or front advert plates on there. The sales manager said no problem but joked I'd have to wear a t shirt advertising their dealership instead :|

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I always forget to take off the rear sticker from my car. Took off the ugly plate covers though, and put slightly tinted walmart dome like plate covers, which are actually extremely tough instead. Looks much better and slightly muted.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Luckily the dealer I bought my car at just put license plate frames on, no sticker or badge on the car itself. Front license plate frame was removed from the car the 2nd day I had it... and I have a mazda3forums.com license plate frame for the rear in the mail right now!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
My dealership actually asked me if they could put their name on my car, the guy looked disappointed when I said No.

When I took my car in for warranty work last year some lady brought her car back that she just bought and made the service people take off the vinyl and license plate frame. I laughed

·
Registered
913 Posts
hahaha

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
All I had when I purchased my 3 was the badge underneath Mazda 3 on the trunk, and the dealer tag that said Jeff Sikes, not even a plateframe. I consider myself lucky. The tint thing is pretty lame though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[quote author=e^2 link=topic=68407.msg1181476#msg1181476 date=1170367182]
The dealership I bought my MZ3 from had a vinyl sticker on the back right and license plate frames on the front and back. I took them off as soon as I got home. What sucks is when they put tint on my car, they stuck a logo under the tint on the drivers side window. I can't remove it unless I cut that part off with a razor. :x
[/quote]

I'll just say that if they pulled a sneaky bullshit move like that, it would be coming off the same day, and re-tinted.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
+1 I wouldn't leave the lot until they removed that shit. That is some lame ass crap right there... who is going to notice it there anyways? That is just retarded

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
When I bought my car, they ran it through the carwash then put the logo sticker on while the trunklid was still wet. As they handed me the keys when I was leaving, I touched the sticker and it fell off into my hand. I took their license plate frames off a couple weeks later when my plates came in.

·
Registered
600 Posts
mine was about to be put on when I came to pick up my car, told them, not to bother glueing the sticker as I will be removing it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ordered my car which should be here in a few days and told them not to put anything on it and dont even drill the front plate holes. So my front bumper will be squeaky clean!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I had to take my car back shortly after I had bought it for some stuff that was ordered seperately. The salesman saw I had taken off my dealership sticker, I said "yup, right away".

He said "good, it's ugly. I'd rather my customers refer people directly to me, anyways. You should take off the plate frame too..."

I told him "my M3F frame was on order." :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
When the dealer called me to tell me my car landed and would be ready tommorow, I told him not to put any dealership stickers on the vehicle and he had no problem with that... He said he wasn't sure if they had done so already or not, and if so, they would remove it.

They did give me a plate holder, which I replaced a few days later with a Carbon Fiber MazdaSpeed plate holder.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts