Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who has purchased a 3 willing to spill the beans on their deal, eg. what they've paid drive away, any extra's they've dealt in etc

I am only getting posted price. :cry:

I'm looking at a SP23, auto sedan :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I did was to go on www.discountnewcars.com.au and filled in an enquiry. Then a guy from Penfold Mazda called me up to make an appointment with me to view the car and talk terms.

He told me $28925 for a Maxx Sport including on road cost. He said that he's not going to talk price over the phone.

Try and see what you get.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does $2750 for rego and dealership stuff sound rite?? seems a bit much, or does it increase as the model spec goes up?

I was told around $26,000 for the loaded Neo, same dealership

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't forget the stamp duty - that's another 3% or so. The price sheet I got for the ACT said $28,950 for the Maxx Sport, so it sounds about right.

(I think it's something like: stamp duty $800, rego $600 (including CTP in the ACT), dealer delivery and admin 1350. Depends on the model what stamp duty you pay).

Actually, I may as well type out all the prices. These are the on road prices for the ACT - other states/territories will be different:

Neo: $24,150
Neo w/both options: $26,500
Maxx: $28,250
Maxx Sport: $28,950
SP23: $32,875

(Add 2,150 or so for automatic).

So that makes the onroad costs for these models:
Neo: $2,660
Neo w/both options: $2,710
Maxx: $2,760
Maxx sport: $2,775
SP23: $2,885

·
Registered
126 Posts
Perth ppls pay over the roof for dealer deliv..

Jocco - where have you looking.

This is my quoted price: On Road, No trade, Corprate deal.

sp23 Sedan, auto, 18inch, good tyres, dark tint, sp23 mats, lock nuts, alloy indicator surrounds, alloy under body rear wind deflector (dunno why looks hot but).. i think thats it. i cant remember whats on the order..

paying between $37000 and $38000 sorry no exact price (not ment to say)

over 3k in stamp duty and dd.

·
Registered
18 Posts
SP 23 manual on the road in WA is $33850, but I haggled a pretty good deal on my trade in so I came away fairly happy, (oh yeah got free mats. :lol: )
Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I've been dealing at Melville and in fact have just ordered a sunlight silver, SP23 Auto, sedan + cruise control and will pay just over $36,000. With free SP23 mats !!

I have to wait until April, but that suits me fine. Gives me plenty of time to sell my car.

I tried discountnewcars and the dealer that responded was in fact a little more expensive than what Melville quoted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jocco, enjoy. There is little doubt in my mind that you have purchased for yourself a most fine vehicle. :)

Jocco said:
... sedan + cruise control...
Last time I checked with a dealer there was some conjecture over when cruise would be available and whether it would be on the wheel or the stork. Are you in a position to comment?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Jocco, sounds like quite a nice car! :) I got the samish price for a SP23 AT sedan, Tit Grey with leather (opted against cruise control) with the SP23 mats. I'm looking forward to getting mine mid next week. Apparently its the first one the dealer is getting kitted out with the leather... must make sure i check the work well...

As for the cruise control, it apparently is an additional stork (at least for the SP23). I did ask if they could put the extra buttons on the wheel, but the answer was no. :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
i done my research on the leather, ive been told by mazda australia that it could be a problem with the side airbags if not done correctly..

i would love leather... but i decided against for the fact of mazda being 'unsure'

·
Registered
519 Posts
correct shaund, with full leather seats they cannot guarantee that the side airbags would deploy adequately. one suggestion was a slit in the side of the front seats (of the leather of course) that would allow them to deploy... or (worse still) that they not cover the sides of the seats at all and just leave them as cloth.

the reason why australia does not have leather as an option and that it must be dealer fitted is these same side airbags which are not present in the american model. the salesperson was trying to tell me it was because of the more stringent safety standards here in australia - same with the lack of a moonroof option... but i pointed out that the base neo model does not have side airbags and it seems to have passed the safety inspection...

i suppose i chose comfort over definite safety. personal choices we all make for our cars :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
:D :D :D

handover supposed to be this afternoon...

but nothing is for certain until i'm actually driving this baby around 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Olorin: I was assured that the cruise control would be fitted in the blank space on the steering wheel ! I hope so.

How is the new car going :?:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts