Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a M3-Sedan SPORT. I don't live in the big city buy my local Mazda dealer says that he can get a car in a 300 mile radius. My question is will I get the same price or will the local dealer try to jack up the price? Anything else to be concerned about with this "dealer to dealer" type of sale?

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had an issue with this when I went shopping for mine. THe two big issues were the fact that adealer is not going to be as agressive with a price on a vehicle he's not paying to keep on his lot. I was shopping at the end of december and the dealers I visited were trying desperately to get vehicles off their lot by the end of the month/year. They dont care as much about vehicles that aren't there. This is somewhat saved by the fact they trade cars also. More importantly is the fact that no dealer wants to give up a car that is in demand. I talked to 3-4 different dealers that said the same thing you were told. Unfortunately, none of them were able to get my car, because the dealers that had them wouldn't give them up. The original dealer that I talked o, that gauranteed he could get any car, just called me last wek saying he finlly got it. It turns out thegy that had it, needs a car my dealer has and is wlling to trade now. Unfortunately for my dealer, I foundth car on my own and went and got it. It turned oiu better, because my original dealer wanted over 900 over invoice where I found my car, with more options, for 300 over invoice.

I say go to MazdaUSA and find the vehicle you want for yourself.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts