Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from Wantagh Mazda where i believe i was lied to and given the run around. I brought the car in for squeeling breaks in the morning, hardshift from 1-2, and a creaking passanger seat belt. The car only has 3500 miles on it. Well anyways I was told that all these problems were perfectly normal. The hardshift from 1-2 i read on this forum is a common problem and that there is a reflash for it. The service rep at the dealer told me at this point there is no reflash and that its normal. On the seatbelt which i also read is a common problem and is usually replaced. He took a drive with me and hear the creaking and told me it was nothing. WTF is wrong with Mazda!?

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Re: Dealer Fucked me

If anything, I would perhaps try another dealership if possible. When it comes to the seatbelt issue, I would be worried if something happened and the dealer denied anything was wrong. That's a major safety concern.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts

[quote author=06mazda387 link=topic=65978.msg1130922#msg1130922 date=1167842633]
I just came back from Wantagh Mazda where i believe i was lied to and given the run around. I brought the car in for squeeling breaks in the morning, hardshift from 1-2, and a creaking passanger seat belt. The car only has 3500 miles on it. Well anyways I was told that all these problems were perfectly normal. The hardshift from 1-2 i read on this forum is a common problem and that there is a reflash for it. The service rep at the dealer told me at this point there is no reflash and that its normal. On the seatbelt which i also read is a common problem and is usually replaced. He took a drive with me and hear the creaking and told me it was nothing. WTF is wrong with Mazda!?
[/quote]

It's not really Mazda that you should be mad at, it's moreso the Service Advisor that handled your complaint. You may want to print the applicable TSB's and take them with you when you go back, politely ask to speak to the Service Manager and explain to him what happened on this visit. Just remember to be polite but firm and let tham know you expect these problems to be corrected to your satisfaction. Oh, the brake squeal in the am IS normal for most vehicles, it is most likely surface rust that has built up overnight.
Good luck.

ps: Please edit the title of your thread to something like "screwed" or something a little bit more work safe.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I think you need to find a Mazda dealer with an employee that's obcessive compulsive to help you out.

hehe... or somebody more compassionate.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Don't stress too much. You brought your car in which was the right thing to do. I have had that happen to me at Honda. If they do not actually have a bulletin from Mazda they can not do anything. :( Sorry.
If you really feel it is wrong keep bringing it in or just call Mazda. But don't feel bad. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
My dealership told me the same thing about my brake squeal, so I just spent $5 on some Permatex Disc Brake Quiet and it fixed that problem.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
[quote author=06mazda387 link=topic=65978.msg1131552#msg1131552 date=1167863659]
I cannot find the TSB for the hard shift....is there one?
[/quote]

When I first got my car shifting from 1-2 was hard. Now that it's cold outside it will be harder so I reccomend that you get Redline MT 90. Alot of members on the forum have said they noticed a smoother and easier shift using Redline MT 90.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had the same issues...my seat belt wouldn't snap easy and I had a creaking in my clutch pedal.....Dealership fixed both....I'm surprised about the seat belt.....You would think safety is an issue.............

·
Registered
190 Posts

[quote author=edrection link=topic=65978.msg1130927#msg1130927 date=1167842834]
I get a occasional 1-2 hard shift when the car is cold. You know what I do, I live with it.
[/quote]
Yep, The 1-2 shift is a liitle hard when the engine is cold..NO big deal. These trannies are good. Just live with it! It wont hurt a thing!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Incidentally, I bought my car from Wantagh Mazda. When I asked if the model I was interested was equipped with TMPS, they were like, "I'm not sure, what is that exactly?"

Luckily I haven't had any problems so I haven't had to go back. They're not the brightest bulbs.

Also, I have had squealing brakes on occasion when backing out, usually after a rainfall or damp weather. I belive it's just the surfaces of the discs oxidizing, once you get on the road your brakes will quiet down. I'm not sure about the hard shift, but the seatbelt squeak does sound like a problem you could solve with a squirt of WD-40.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts