Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anybody bought the MiniDisc player that the dealer offers as an accesory? If so how's the sound quality for the price is it worth it?

I'd like to know your opinion about it cuz I want to buy a Mz3 soon and since I have a portable MD player I could reuse my MiniDiscs in my car.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I've been looking at it too, but I've not been able to justify the cost.

MD is a great technology, but it's just so damn expensive.

I use it when I record live events, or custom dj mixes. It don't do LP2 or LP4 mode, from what I understand. So you are limited to standard play only.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been thinkin about this and I'm wondering if it would be possible to get an RCA input in the stock radio instead of buying the MD player the dealer offers. That way I could use my MD as an input auxiliary. Does anyone knows if this would be possible? :roll:

-------------
By the way, since english is not my childhood language some of my sentences may be clumsy... sorry for that i'll get better as my posts go on... :?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
not an option at this time. It's been a constant struggle for the last 2 years between other models.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why MD? Nobody really uses it. Plus, you'd get even more out of a 6-disc changer.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I use MD, and have looked into getting one for my Mz3.

Too expensive, but it does play MDLP, which I like.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
ohhh... It DOES play the MDLP... 2 and 4 mode??

That's probably not "too" bad then. I mean, I still only paid $400 for my top of the line, Sony ES unit about 5 years ago.... But, it would be nice to use that LCD space for something else.

I'll probably go MP3 first, then worry about the MD though. It would be nice it we could link the Sony MD Changer into the factory HU and control it there. It fits VERY nice in the glove box - or even the center console. And they now have the LP changer available - for basically the same price!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6VyBHl4JcEC/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?s=0&cc=01&i=158MDX66&g=79500

·
Registered
5 Posts
RCA inputs

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I assume the audio from the minidisc player goes into the HU through some kind of molex connector. If we can figure out which pins are the audio, that would be an easy way to get aftermarket stuff into the factory HU without using an RF modulator. I plan on checking it out as soon as school's out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts