Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I landed on the deal of the century, I think.
A good friend of mine called me a few days ago to let me know he was looking for parts for his car at the junkyard and found a black mica Speed3.

The yard is not open to the public but you can buy parts from the main counter. He walked around the car and noticed the exhaust tip was different than mine and the car had red springs. I had to go see the car.

Just yesterday we packed up and drove down to Brandywine, MD in the early AM. Hour drive. Rain made the day miserable but I was hoping to get lucky...

My friend's girlfriend is the sales manager at the yard sooo... through connections we walked in and got a terrific deal.

Got there, walked around the car and noticed the CPE logo engraved to the top of the exhaust tip. Looked in the engine bay... a different cat. WOW. Could I be that lucky???
OH YES!

A catted CP-E downpipe + CP-E catback w/ 12" muffler
A set of 4 H&K Springs + OEM shocks
Blacked out MAZDASPEED3 logo (had to leave the MAZDA logo on)
... some installation hardware
+
OEM K04 turbo + other things attached to it (not on pic)
OEM intercooler (not on pic)

My friend took the turbo and intercooler for his project car. I'm keeping the CPE turboback, springs and logos.

I've cleaned out all the dirt last night. I just need to polish it.

I have videos of the car... I have pictures. I'm at work and after a busy day I had the wife snap this for me.

MORE VIDEOS & PICS WILL COME SOON.. give me until tonight to upload the vid from the camcorder.... some videos will bring tears to your eyes when u see the way they handled the car :(

ANYWAY... THE DEAL??

ALL FOR $250 + TAX

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Re: DEAL OF THE CENTURY IN AFTERMARKET PARTS (I think)

Holy cow... definitely amazing. LUCKY! ^_^

·
Registered
260 Posts

i like the shoe that came with it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[quote author=jp3 link=topic=140173.msg3021360#msg3021360 date=1238172930]
i like the shoe that came with it.
[/quote]

lol yeah it was late, I had to keep the exhaust from touching the floor or mom will give me hell... took off my shoes. shoveled it. I shoveled my shoe up the exhaust :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

[quote author=Saitech link=topic=140173.msg3021369#msg3021369 date=1238173123]
Nice find man. Should be a nice upgrade. :-D
[/quote]

I know can't wait can't wait can't wait! :)
still no better than yoooour find, you know what I'm saying?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: DEAL OF THE CENTURY IN AFTERMARKET + OEM PARTS (I think)

Somewhere, on this or the "other" forum, somebody is weeping quietly.

Good find!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts

[quote author=angryRotarian link=topic=140173.msg3021574#msg3021574 date=1238178816]
Somewhere, on this or the "other" forum, somebody is weeping quietly.

Good find!
[/quote]

or they probably have a new STi or EVO x or MS3
sounds like the car was a insurance write off ??

but still...they probably did not pay him/her for the aftermarket parts unless he had insured those specifically.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

oh CRAP.
Guy from the junkyard call. He wants the turbo + intercooler back. It was a misunderstanding between my buddy and him. Either way I get to keep $1,600 worth of parts for only $250.
Ask me? I'm happy.

BTW... I always think when I see a modded Speed3 he/she is in the forum. It sucks you totalled your car. I did too. I only had spent maybe $200 in aftermarket but you (if you're here) spent sooo much more. why didn't you pull the parts off?
I hope the worst didn't happen to you. If it did I will feel creepy about it.
If you owned a Sport BLACK MICA Speed3 that was registered in the state of VIRGINIA and had installed CP-E turbo back + H&R springs + some interior mods (blue LED next to DSC button?) and weird antenna sticking down out the back of the mirror. what was that?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I read in the forum before where some insurance companies will let you take the parts off, but I guess if you sell your OEM intake and springs then you can't swap them and you're screwed.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

[quote author=leofaye link=topic=140173.msg3021702#msg3021702 date=1238182367]
oh CRAP.
Guy from the junkyard call. He wants the turbo + intercooler back. It was a misunderstanding between my buddy and him. Either way I get to keep $1,600 worth of parts for only $250.
Ask me? I'm happy.

BTW... I always think when I see a modded Speed3 he/she is in the forum. It sucks you totalled your car. I did too. I only had spent maybe $200 in aftermarket but you (if you're here) spent sooo much more. why didn't you pull the parts off?
I hope the worst didn't happen to you. If it did I will feel creepy about it.
If you owned a Sport BLACK MICA Speed3 that was registered in the state of VIRGINIA and had installed CP-E turbo back + H&R springs + some interior mods (blue LED next to DSC button?) and weird antenna sticking down out the back of the mirror. what was that?
[/quote]

I hope he bought it back from you. Once the sale is done its legally yours whether they "accidentally" sold it to you or not.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

[quote author=smakdown61 link=topic=140173.msg3022264#msg3022264 date=1238201357]
I hope he bought it back from you. Once the sale is done its legally yours whether they "accidentally" sold it to you or not.
[/quote]

Well since what was given back was his friends stuff (who's girlfriend works there apparently) I'm sure he didnt care. haha He got sweet parts that the guy didnt want back....score!

·
Registered
408 Posts
once an insurance company "totals" a car its pretty much done for....it depends on the salvage yard as to if you can get stuff off of it. My mom was trying to get her tailgate from her truck when it was totalled and they offered to discount the value off her payout...what nice people huh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts