Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had received an XBOX with my Mazda3 that I sold to a friend. It died on him last night while playing a game and won't power up anymore!
Called my Mazda dealer and he didn't know what to do and asked me to call Mazda Canada.
The rep at Mazda Canada told me that it's the dealer's responsibility to swap the XBOX for me and he was nice enough to contact the dealer and gave him all necessary details.

So if you ever come across this situation, the dealer should take your defective xbox and replace it with a new one from Microsoft.

·
Registered
232 Posts
the XBOX is part of a package?? Never heard of that before....dang, which dealer is this....so that i can get my hands on it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a promotion in Canada if you bought a Mazda3 during the month of December.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not blaming Mazda. I just didn't know what the procedure was to get the XBOX fixed/replaced and I thought I'd share what I found.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I had a dead out of the box Xbox when I bought the car I sold to a co-worker of a friend. I just took it back to the dealership and the salesguy swapped it out with the guys in the parts department. Also just FYI there is a 90 day warranty on it through Microsoft. I don't know if the extended warranty is available in Canada (it wasn't when I got my Xbox at launch) but it can be worthwhile for a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
have you guys ever thought the xbox was refurbrished?
mazda bought it off from microsoft at a lower price.......threrfore they (mazda) probaly paid 100bucks or less for a xbox...just to promote themselves......reason they didnt promote this in the states............

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be!

·
Registered
882 Posts
We do know that the dealerships had to pay $160cdn per Xbox at least. I would be very skeptical that they are refurbs, any instances where they fail out of the box are either just statistical or being improperly handled by people on it's way to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts