Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i'm about to install my dde's in a couple of days and i just want more input before i go out and do it. my kit didn't come with the relay set up so from the ballast it just has a red and a black. i know ones power and ones ground but the wires are only 6" and i was thinking about running the power from the fuse box. but i would have to connect the two power lines and then run one wire to the box. seems like a hassle. so i was wondering if i connect the power wires to the parking light wires will it have the same affect as drawing power from the fuse box? and what wire would the parking lights be?
i also had another question: would it be necessary to ground the ballasts because the wires are really thin 22gauge or something and they have bullet style ends. how would i ground those. thanks for the help in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
when i get off tonight ill try and look at mine. i cant remember everything off the top of my head.

i can tell you that running power from the fuse will automatically come on whenever the car accessory power is on(second turn on the ignition)

if you wire to the parking lights the dde's will come on whenever the parking lights are on(1st turn on the headlight knob)

i can also tell you, that my dad and i soldered the 2 together and ran the one to the power source.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. i was already thinking thats what i'm probably going to do. i like the fact that the dde's will alwasy be on rather than just when the parking lights are on. thanks. oh, for the ground did you do the same thing, solder both ground and run it to the main ground or did you do something else. thanks for the help. i just want the install to go quick and easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts