Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Dashhawk. I currently borrow a OBD-II code scanner / computer from my friend, but its made more for a mechanic clearing and reading codes than a tuner. My biggest complaint about it is the lack of things it can read and the slow updating of engine parameters. I put this in the MS3 forum, as I'm curious as to how good it is at reading boost and other MS3 specific values.

Please let me know how often the dashhawk updates, as well as any advice for if/where to buy, and if there are any competitors to it that I should look at. I heard something about an update coming, is that true?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
It is very good at monitoring your car. I think it is a must if you have some sort of engine management. It can only record 5 parameters at once, but you can monitor 7 at once and pick and choose on the fly. I've heard rumors that there was going to be an update to expand Data Logging. For under 300$ i think it's a great buy. ****Warning**** Sometimes it Sucks knowing what your car is and is'nt doing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just got mine and i'm still playing around with it. So far so good though. And the fact that you can clear and check codes makes it a good buy. I picked mine up from amazon.com for $249 plus free shipping.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with the dashhawk, especially if your doing any kind on modding on your car. This is a great way to monitor what's going on.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine should be arriving any day... what a great tool.

UPDATE: Been using it now for a couple weeks...definitely a great tool. Love the graph read outs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have you heard of the DashDAQ? Some say its
better than the Dashhawk?

·
Registered
518 Posts
[quote author=kingkam link=topic=136136.msg3085362#msg3085362 date=1240772208]
[/quote]

dashdaq is NOT fully done for development to get all the stuff working right at least when I looked. It also costs 600-700 dollars. So when I saw a used dashhawk for 200 I bought it. Its a excellent tool, cheap, just because dev stopped on it doesnt mean shit. It data logs and works excellent with its v2 firmware.

·
Registered
452 Posts
[quote author=DR_ link=topic=136136.msg3089859#msg3089859 date=1240933996]
Does this give the WBO2 readings? What useful temp readings are there? Lets see how you mounted it.
[/quote] ECT , IAT, AAT and Boost Temperature.

Those are just a few for the Mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, you can read the factory wideband O2 sensor in real time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It converts it to the AFR. Its rather cool, and you learn very quickly why the tailpipe is so sooty (and the surrounding area for that matter).

·
Registered
667 Posts
[quote author=cosmicsp33d3 link=topic=136136.msg3089387#msg3089387 date=1240923742]
[quote author=kingkam link=topic=136136.msg3085362#msg3085362 date=1240772208]
[/quote]

dashdaq is NOT fully done for development to get all the stuff working right at least when I looked. It also costs 600-700 dollars. So when I saw a used dashhawk for 200 I bought it. Its a excellent tool, cheap, just because dev stopped on it doesnt mean shit. It data logs and works excellent with its v2 firmware.
[/quote]I wish it was. The DashDAQ is such an innovative and nice setup. I wish it were further along and easier to use.
I WANT the DashDAQ, but until it becomes more user friendly, I probably buy a DashHawk.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
[quote author=angryRotarian link=topic=136136.msg3090385#msg3090385 date=1240947327]
It converts it to the AFR. Its rather cool, and you learn very quickly why the tailpipe is so sooty (and the surrounding area for that matter).
[/quote]

it isnt screamingly obvious? i didnt need afr to tell me the ms3 runs pig rich. the clouds of soot coming out of the tailpipe was kind of a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Uhh, yeah. However, its different when you know it runs rich, and you see it in the 9's.

Kind of like knowing your girl is a whore, and then seeing her with two other guys.

[quote author=bani link=topic=136136.msg3091345#msg3091345 date=1240974127]
[quote author=angryRotarian link=topic=136136.msg3090385#msg3090385 date=1240947327]
[/quote]

it isnt screamingly obvious? i didnt need afr to tell me the ms3 runs pig rich. the clouds of soot coming out of the tailpipe was kind of a dead giveaway.
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
[quote author=angryRotarian link=topic=136136.msg3092136#msg3092136 date=1241016314]Kind of like knowing your girl is a whore, and then seeing her with two other guys.
[/quote]

the ms3 was spewing clouds of DP gangbang from the beginning. all you had to do was look in the rearview mirror and watch them all going at it taking turns at your ms3's rear. that and the tailpipe drenched in black jizz after driving.

i guess you needed to collect the jizz into a beaker and weigh it, seeing the gangbang happening before your very eyes wasn't enough. :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had the dash hawk for over a year now, and love it. But, you gotta be careful on what parameters you choose to look at and record after you start using the StandBack, as it will read what the standback is lying to the factory computer. The biggest example is the boost, once the standback manipulates what the factory ECU sees that is what the dash hawk will show (the offset in the parameter).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts