Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so i just bought a new dashhawk and am having major issues with it on my PC.
I know i should be going to the MSD forum but it seems like it's locked out now and you can't post or search or anything.

Anyways, i'm running Windows XP 64 and i downloaded the newest version of the software from the MSD site and the dashhawk will not communicate with windows.

i get this error: USB Interface Utility for the DashHawk has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

i've tried everything, i even installed the drivers manually, nothing makes it work.

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
try it on a 32bit xp box. drivers for 64 bit are prolly bugged to hell.

·
Registered
452 Posts
32bit or no dice. I've had zero success with 64bit xp/vista and dashhawk.

You need to run something like vmware and install a 32bit client, then install the software, ect...

·
Registered
518 Posts
xp 64 bit is weak sauce in its "compatibilty". Ive heard people using vista 64 okay...yeah you may want to ask on msd's site as you'll get no helpful answers here but use a different OS or run a vm like solution.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
from what i know it is not compatible with 64 bit. Need to vmware or virtualpc like others have said.

you will not get any further help from MSD from what I remember because they dropped support for the dashhawk once they were bought by another company. So therefore no more upgrades and/or support will be available.

sorry....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts