Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed last night that they left me the installastion service manual
for taking apart the front dash and installing the mp3 player.

I can post it, anybody interested?

I'm going to need some help though. I can scan them, but have no
clue on how to post these pictures :( !

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I would be interested for sure. I'm planning on buying the MP3 player for $200 and installing it myself. No way in hell I'm paying $600 for it from the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kazbaeden said:
I would be interested for sure. I'm planning on buying the MP3 player for $200 and installing it myself. No way in hell I'm paying $600 for it from the dealer.
Hey Kazbaeden

Do you have an account for the jpgs. If you do, i don't mind sending the
files over to you tomorrow.

Then we can link so everyone can see!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah. I bought the MP3 Player, and the dealership charged me for the installation. Since tuckerware showed some pictures how to remove the dash, I gave a try to do the installation. It turned out that either the player or the faceplate comes with the installation. You can actually do the installation yourself in about 45mins or less. It is just that if you do the installation yourself, your mp3 player will only be warranted for a year. If you get the dealer installed it for you, the mp3 player will be covered by the car warranty as well, so there is a tradeoff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be posting the instructions tomorrow. I just got done with the install of a 6-disc changer yesterday. It is VERY easy to do. Took all of 30 minutes start to finish.

·
Registered
444 Posts
sorry..delete

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dealer route is a waste of money. Most of us have had our radio in and out of the car so many times we can do it in our sleep. Swapping to the MP3 player is only a bit more effort.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Unfortunately the MP3 is simply a SINGLE disc CD player that takes the place of the 6-CD in-dash (if you have it). It's Mazda's way of ripping you off; it'd be just as easy to make a 6CD that reads MP3s, even if it's only disc one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts