Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reconnecting my positive terminal with a wrench and it touched my strut tower... some sparks... now my radio/lcd don't come on and my left headlight dde ring (outermost one) is dimmed (it's on but barely)... I checked fuse #44 (radio) it was blown and I replaced it... nothing changed... please help!!! WHY!!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
that is why you're supposed to reconnect the negative last... then that wouldn't happen.

check all the fuses under the hood as well as the ones in the glove box?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the audio fuse # 44 (7.5) blew again... the dde outer most one dimmed almost flickering... i switched the wires and the other dde ring is fine... so i'm thinking it is that dde ring that is messd up... so i disconnect the outermost one on the opposite side... so at least they look the same until i can get another ring to replace it... yeah, back to looking for fuses... god dangit... if anyone knows anything that would help please let me know... in the mean time i will check fuses again...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, found the culprit... the blue wire from the amp was touching the ground wire... so it would blow the fuse # 44 everytime... but when i touched the wrench(tightening down the positive terminal) to the strut tower i probably blew one of the dde ring... man, does anyone know where i can buy one dde ring (ccfl 6k outermost ring)...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks... didn't even know they had replacement rings...

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
they have replacement rings.. everyone of my friends had to replace theirs.. they go out pretty quickly.. at least for me...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that sucks... really bad... cause those chrome rings are POS... i broke everyone of those plastic clips and had to super glue them back together... i only have the high beams one plugged in... don't look too bad... lol... remind me of the ones on ebay...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts