Mazda3 Forums banner

Damn Valentine present..

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  2k1_bug 
#1 ·
from the cop in broad daylight.. order to remove the tint on my front windows in 5 days. dammit!

They had nothing better to do... why don't they go catch people who do more damages than my tinted windows... or go take a coffee break!

I believe in ONT it's legal to tint the front windows right? then why not Vancouver?

#12 ·
I was thinking of tinting the front windows two before seeing this...now I think I'll give up that idea

I don't think you should be trying to scrape off the tint yourself, it might not be possible, and you can scratch your windows badly, the cost of replacing is more than the cost of paying to get it done properly

#13 ·
FR3D said:
I don't think you should be trying to scrape off the tint yourself, it might not be possible, and you can scratch your windows badly, the cost of replacing is more than the cost of paying to get it done properly
Thanks for the advice.. i don't think i have the patience or skills to carefully do it myself.

By the way.. does anyone want to take the chance of front tinted windows? we can trade.... :lol:

#14 ·
2k1_bug said:
Does anyone know how to scrape off the tint? I really don't want to pay again to get it done.. that's really a waste of money.. sux.

For those of you planning to tint all 7 windows (in BC).. think twice.
It comes off pretty easily. Just spray some windex or rubbing alcohol around the edge, let it soak a bit and start peeling. The tint is really strong so once you get a little bit to come off, you can peel the whole thing off in one piece. The tough part is getting the glue to come off. Just use tons and tons of rubbing alcohol when you are trying to get the glue off. I also heard if you heat the tint with a heat gun before you peel, it would be easier.

#15 ·
BitBit said:
It comes off pretty easily. Just spray some windex or rubbing alcohol around the edge, let it soak a bit and start peeling. The tint is really strong so once you get a little bit to come off, you can peel the whole thing off in one piece. The tough part is getting the glue to come off. Just use tons and tons of rubbing alcohol when you are trying to get the glue off. I also heard if you heat the tint with a heat gun before you peel, it would be easier.
Thanks! i certainly will try it first before i call a shop

#16 ·
i was driving on Frances eastbound.. just past Gilbert.. then got stopped..[/quote]
should have known good ol' richmond cops that 's why I try to avoid going to Richmond most of the time (I have my front windows tinted). But too bad you guys can't cuz you live there.

#17 ·
I have found that the best way to get the tint glue off is with a razor scraper. Also called a window scraper or sticker remover. I have never harmed any glass while using this method. I have even scraped the glue off in between the lines of a rear window defroster with no damage to the lines.

If you don't want to do that, then get your hands on some GooGone. It takes off stuff that alcohol won't even touch.

#18 ·
JayO said:
I have found that the best way to get the tint glue off is with a razor scraper. Also called a window scraper or sticker remover. I have never harmed any glass while using this method. I have even scraped the glue off in between the lines of a rear window defroster with no damage to the lines.

If you don't want to do that, then get your hands on some GooGone. It takes off stuff that alcohol won't even touch.
Thanks!

#21 ·
oskicat said:
5% tint for the back win 35% for front
Dude, that's pretty dark. The tint place that I talked to said that they remove tint for $15/window if it's their customer and like $20 if it isn't. Maybe you could find a place that will remove it for cheap if you agree to have them retint it (lighter than 35% of course).
is that USD? coz i got mine done for $30 both windows... and $20 if i was their customers before. and in CAD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.