Mazda3 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
Got the rear brace installed and the roll bar partially installed. Still needs a few bolts then I'll finish tightening it down and spray it with the bedliner. Front coils are in, rear ones are going to wait a few more days until I get the alignment worked out in the front. She's at Mazda right now for a lifter adjustment and then after that I'll post some real pictures :)

On a side note, I've got no power in any of my 12v lines and it's incredibly annoying. Radar detector, radio, chargers, even the Eonon wasn't getting power for a while. Gonna have to look at that later.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
:D

Hey I finally found that bolt yesterday LOL, it finally showed itself besides just being noisy.

I'm sure you don't need it now though hehehe
I'm serious about that underbody spray, don't forget to do it underneath and in the fender wells!

Feels different with the bar doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Its so much different. Even with only the front portion fully bolted in. I like it though. Makes it feel a lot more solid.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
oh jeeze you haven't done the rear yet?
You can jack up the rear and do it that way; I'm pretty sure why I did it originally I didn't even remove the wheels, had enough space to drill through and not hit the tires.
But... doesn't hurt lol.

Doesn't take long though once you start moving along. Friends help too!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #227 (Edited)
I do 90% of everything on my own :)

Nope, the holes are drilled, I just ran out of bolts and time so they're only finger tight back there until I get the two rear pieces bolted on instead of slipped over the front.

I get my car back on Tuesday wirh a fresh lifter adjustment and then I'll tighten everything down and do a quick alignment check. Been babying her because of all the work I've been doing and can't wait to test everything out for real and get some pics :)

After this I've only got minor suspension projects and have extra parts to mess with bushings and such. Also fixed pretty much everything that was "wrong" and can start moving forward. Next up is Cosworth intake mani and Dynotronics. As per original plan the turbo is the last thing going in.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Damn, all of a sudden a mountain of progress! :surprise: Looking forward to the result.

Those aren't my ER's @XCNuse, lol. I had to use mine since passing through Baton Rouge.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Aaaaayyyyyyy who should I tag first??? Lol.

Pretty mad because mazda ordered the wrong size lash adjusters and this is the second time they've pushed the done date back. So maybe I'll have her back tomorrow morning? I don't know...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #233 (Edited)
Pictures from today! I know they aren't the best. I'm shipping her to San Diego and once she's there I'll do some good ones.

Pretty pissed off at Mazda for taking my car and giving it back a week later, 600 dollars lighter and seemingly unchanged. I'll be dealing with that.

But anyway:

^may become a fs thread later^

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
I've also been thinking I might want to have a white roof and let people do some sharpie art. I've got a huge dent on it so either way it would need a respray.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
That rear brace is mean looking. I wouldn't mind that at all.

But... I actually use my trunk, and that would make it REEEEALLY difficult to remove just to put tires and stuff in my hatch area lol

matte vinyl, don't paint it.

Even if nobody does write on it, it'll actually cool the interior of your car a significant amount on sunny days.
As in, up to probably 15 degrees cooler in the interior on a super hot day.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Sounds good to me. I'll have to try that later on. I think the black and white looks good but it needs more white without looking dumb. Plus the heat reduction for San Diego... lol.

The trunk brace is actually quite unobtrusive. It sits directly flush against where back seat would be and goes where that carpet strip is on the back of the trunk orgnanizer.

If I don't ever get used to the roll bar or end up having to remove it for whatever reason that brace is deffinitely there to stay. It was also a PAIN to line up going in.

I'm completely torn as to cutting some of my interior parts to put back in around the bars/braces or just leaving them out. I want to dynamat or anything to make it sound more solid. The car is perfectly solid, it just doesn't feel that way.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
SO. Some of you know that I've been chasing the stupid tapping noise our car makes for quite some time. I've done everything.

Except replace the injectors. I've ordered four from Bosch on rock auto and I'm optimistic. Why? Simply because I've done the VTCS Delete, had the lifters adjusted, checked for loose stuff and leaks, various other repairs, and lol, the injectors are the only thing left still making noise. Beligerently loud tapping. So, I forsee the new ones actually fixing the problem.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
So update for this weekend since my network is bad and I can't edit my posts:

I've got the new injectors obviously, also putting in a TRZ transmission mount and putting a 70 duro JBR pmm on order. I'm thinking of trading my 88 rmm for a softer one as well. There's going to be a LOT of suspension fine tuning going on, after driving on it a bit and some test runs the rear is somewhat bouncy but I think the spring rate is good (for now) Overall I think the whole car needs a bit more dampening. Good thing I have the bc er's ;) then it's on to quieting down some rattling in the interior. Some minor body mods too lol

Next things on the list are contacting Dynotronics, Cosworth intake mani, and I'm looking at wheel spacers. Settling down for a while after that because turbo parts ain't cheap ;) I'm going to spend some time refining the setup I've got then get back into boost.

221 - 240 of 249 Posts