Mazda3 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
It wasnt just tire prices, the wheels were pretty pricey too. What im thinking about doing for track days is to get the smallest set of steelies that will clear my brakes. Either that or just keep a set of winter tires and "track day" tires on hand for my stockers. The works are going to be my summer pretty wheels because it will probably be summer before I can find space for tires in the car parts budget.......

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Well I started an update in the main post but I'm not motivated. Been one of those... recent periods of time lol.

So I'll lay it out here: the works were sold because they were big and expensive. Was gonna buy nuses volks but... yeah life happened. So now I'm back in the wheel market!

Have purchased a roll bar.

Next few months will see a lot of turbo parts. I also need to find a cosworth intake mani and I won't stop till i have one!!! No really big exciting installs or projects are likely to happen until future point when I have more time and everything is good to go :) Maybe someday I'll actually put on the masses of parts I've aquired being away lol.

Anyway, things are probably gonna start picking up again soonish.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)
Okay it's time for a semi proper update. I say semi proper because I'm still in Florida and my car is still in Illinois. I'm moving to California soon and thats when things will begin to be installed. :)

*First, my plans for the roll bar and the custom trunk brace I got off here a while back:

The trunk brace will be powder coated white to match Nuse's roll bar that was delivered the other day! I have a new CB radio with a blue 3' firestick and body mount. The body mount will be put directly behind the last window on the passenger side (the triangle one). Maybe tacky when when its on but I can remove it when not in use and deffinitely better than a magnet mount. The radio itself will be mounted to the center of the roll bar along with a gopro :) For the trunk brace, the battery is being relocated to a battery box secured to the passenger side of the brace and the interior of the car. The idea is to start freeing up space in the engine bay and have a few extra battery busses to hook things up to. Its all about nerdy electrical things I've learned recently. I'm considering taking out the headliner and replacing it with dynamat around the same time but not entirely sure on that yet.

*Valve noises. If anyone could help me figure out which of the tappet out of all the different sizes for the same part that would be awesome. Its just the typical tick that we have. Either the Jim Ellis link or the Cosworth catalog. I'm completely lost. http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=298005

*New front LCA's with whiteline WALK kit and front bushings
*Corksport adjustable endlinks for the front
*I have found a Cosworth intake mani
*Stoptech SS Brake lines
*Megan toe arms

*WHEELS

*And all the other things I've bought but still haven't put on in the last year give or take. Its been a busy year of training and moving around.

Hopefully I can get back into it soon and continue on with my project. I'm gonna be busy :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Preeetttyy much.

After I finish moving to California then I'm bringing my car out. Then it all goes on :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
No that's in about two weeks

Today is the day that a portion of the parts mountain finally goes on!

And that's only part of the parts mountain lol. Its pathetic

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Are those Brian's BC ERs?

Don't forget to cut the towers in the rear to make space for the adjusters before you put them in. I would do the cage first IMO, while you have the panels out. Also, it's probably the easiest lol.
Just will need a dremel and grinder to cut a little bit out of the section that curls over.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #216 (Edited)
Right now everything for the front is in. The brace is partially in but I need to get longer bolts for the bottom still. All the panels are out already Here's a little teaser :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
I think one bolt is still floating around in my car from that old rollbar.... I can't find it.. but I hear it! lol!

Speed6 wheels? Looks good.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I'm about to make a hardware store run for new bolts for the brace so I'll just bring one of those along. And yep! Speed6 wheels.

I'm going to all black and white with blue/copper accent. Took out and changed all the other stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Ah, hopefully this won't matter, but make sure the replacement bolts are you are putting in are stainless. Preferably same thread pitch and size as the other ones.

And don't forget to get that under body sealant and spray it when done! And wear a shirt you don't care about, and maybe do it somewhere not in a garage.... stuff is a mess.....

201 - 220 of 249 Posts