Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the motor mount insert he's like. Why is there so many vibrations why is the whole car shaking. I go "i installed motor mount inserts" he replied "watch the car is going to turn into junk soon, its going to fall apart" and walks away. Obviously doesn't know what he is talking about because if he did he'd know why the inserts are there. How long does the corksport inserts take to break in completely. What else should i tell him about that he is hating me for it now lmfao. I really don't give a dam what he thinks but it'd be nice to get him off my ass about it for a bit.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, my dad used to be into cars so much back then. Now its like "why is this like this, wtf is this" ...i guess age is kicking in. :(

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
My dad's almost 60 years old and he recently rode in the backseat of my car and commented this "Jim, the ride's really stiff back here and that exhaust noise is loud as shit". My retort was "yeah dad, that's what springs do...stiffen the ride. As for the exhaust noise, that exhaust comes stock on a Mazdaspeed 3 so there's nothing crazy about it." After that he didn't say shit, lol. He gives me shit about my car from time to time but he knows that I know what I'm doing and that I'm not messing the car up. Plus the fact that his family were all mechanics and he's owned TONS of cars in his lifetime and just recently an 04' 350Z so he has no room to talk, lol. I actually talked to him yesterday on the phone and told him I wanted to trade the 3 in for another one in a year or two and he said "shit, tell me when you're trading it in...I'll buy it from you but you gotta do one thing. You gotta keep all the shit you put on it on there cuz I want it" lol!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Did your dad pay for the car? If so, I'd just suck it up and let him complain. If he didn't, just stop letting ride in the car :lol:

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol^ thats some shit man. Just do it and worry about it later if you worry about what he is going to say then you are never going to do shit to the car.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why do you say that? It makes the shifts a lot more crisp and throttle response a lot better.

·
Registered
700 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=118734.msg2494981#msg2494981 date=1217095333]
After the motor mount insert he's like. Why is there so many vibrations why is the whole car shaking. I go "i installed motor mount inserts" he replied "watch the car is going to turn into junk soon, its going to fall apart" and walks away. Obviously doesn't know what he is talking about because if he did he'd know why the inserts are there. How long does the corksport inserts take to break in completely. What else should i tell him about that he is hating me for it now lmfao. I really don't give a dam what he thinks but it'd be nice to get him off my ass about it for a bit.
[/quote]

The CS inserts will break in before 800 miles.
I took mine out and just replaced it with the TRZ dog bone, if you want I'll meet up with you in Ft Lauderdale and have him sit in my car and then he'll appreciate that you have the CS inserts LOL

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol yea i did the epoxy mod before the CS inserts and it was MF crazy. It was like an earthquake in the car. Was horrible. I don't mind the CS inserts at all only when the a/c is on is when i bitch about them but other than that its fine. He drives with the a/c on so prob that's why he was bitching about it. You can't notice it that much when taking off with the a/c off. Once they break in will the vibration reduce or go away completely?

·
Registered
700 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=118734.msg2495540#msg2495540 date=1217118936]
lol yea i did the epoxy mod before the CS inserts and it was MF crazy. It was like an earthquake in the car. Was horrible. I don't mind the CS inserts at all only when the a/c is on is when i bitch about them but other than that its fine. He drives with the a/c on so prob that's why he was bitching about it. You can't notice it that much when taking off with the a/c off. Once they break in will the vibration reduce or go away completely?
[/quote]

Its either I got used to it or the vibez reduce significantly

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=Shiney_McShine link=topic=118734.msg2495579#msg2495579 date=1217120532]
Your dad is right. He also forgot to mention if you play with yourself, you'll go blind and hair will grow on thepalms of your hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]]
:hahano:.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=118734.msg2495529#msg2495529 date=1217118670]
why do you say that? It makes the shifts a lot more crisp and throttle response a lot better.
[/quote]

So does a CPE mount with none of that "shaking so bad the car is falling apart" stuff. The cs inserts never break in. They shudder forever. They are horrible.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the CPE mount doesn't make the car shake?...how is that possible when that is probably stiffer than the inserts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=118734.msg2495686#msg2495686 date=1217125419]
so the CPE mount doesn't make the car shake?...how is that possible when that is probably stiffer than the inserts.
[/quote]

The cpe is rubber not urethane. EPDM rubber absorbs vibration. Urethane does not. And the cs inserts are two THICK pads of urethane pressing against the steel chassis tray. Shudder city everytime you reverse or start rolling with a light throttle. Notice how even the new SU mount has reduced the thickness of the urethane and lengthened the center metal tube so it doesnt touch the car? Same deal, you dont want that urethane touching the car's sheetmetal.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aaaaa i never thought about it like that. I also was searching about the CPE mount. I want it. I like what i hear about it. SU and CPE are 2 of the choices i'd choose from after doing some searching but for no vibes i want the CPE where can it be found? Is it ok if i use the inserts for the time being. I don't want to take them out then be under the car again once i have the CPE mount.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah the cpe is backordered for the next month but its real nice. Wait for it and buy it. Take the cs inserts out once you have the new cpe mount, and throw them in the ocean! They suck. I mean, they work, but they are soooo noisey. Worse than any of the mounts for sure, because of the thick ass pads of urethane wedged in there pressing against the sheetmetal.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well compared to the epoxy mod i did a while ago that was aaaaaalot worse. I mean literally the dash would rattle you can see it with your eyes that the dash was moving up and down at least 1 inch. So these inserts are pretty good compared to that. What other choice do i have for a motor mount that is like the CPE (noiseless). I want to see a pic of the CPE mount. I hope there will be a GB or something like that once it comes out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts