Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a CX5 Grand Touring would work with 17 inch wheels. I like the Grand Touring trim but the ride is too harsh on the 19 inch wheels. Plus I'm planning to use the car in light snow and on unpaved roads were a higher profile tire would work better.

What I want to know is if I find a dealer that will swap 17 inch wheels on as part of the purchase if there will be any issues with having enough clearance for the brakes and suspension.

Also, mechanically is there any difference between the Grand Touring all wheel drive and the touring all wheel drive?*

Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
You've come to the wrong place, but what the hell - I'll bite.

A 225/60R18 or 225/65R17 would work just fine on a CX-5 i GT. You could even go down to a 225/70R16 if you were so inclined.

Rather than ask the dealer to swap out the wheels (because I can all but guarantee you they wouldn't do it for free, even though they'd turn around and sell the wheels they took off at a profit) I'd just Ebay the stock wheels & tires and go aftermarket. If you could get $1,500 for the stock equipment (and considering that the wheels alone are going for $250 on Ebay, while the tires cost $200+, $1,500 is a pretty reasonable asking price) you could get yourself four decent wheels and tires in 18" or four good wheels and tires in 17" with the proceeds.

Oh - and I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe there's any difference in the driveline setup between the Touring and GT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts