Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have time to write up a lot right now, but the CX-7's engine is basically the same as that in the MazdaSpeed 6 - an I4 DISI (direct/sequential injection) detuned to 244 hp (at 5000 RPM) and 258 ft-lb of torque (at 2500 RPM).

·
Registered
965 Posts
[quote author=joshfl420 link=topic=87030.msg1681741#msg1681741 date=1188572156]
Has anyone done any mods to the engine yet. There has to be a way to up the boost to get the #'s that the MS6 has
[/quote]

They have the CPE CAI intake and there suppose to be coming out with a Corksport Exhaust, if they didnt already.
Check this site out: sucx7.com

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't forget about a TMIC and BOV :D

-CPE CAI
-CPE BPV....Turbosmart BPV
-ETS TMIC
-Corksport Exhaust

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have the AEM intake and Forge BPV, the BPV and Intake really improve the drive, I would have to recommend the BPV to anyone that wants a smoother CX-7, and a louder one for the Intake, my CX-7 is crazy loud now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CP-E CAI
ETS 3" TMIC

·
Registered
544 Posts
Quick question, my friend has a CX-7 and is looking into an Intake and Diverter Valve. What valve do you guys suggest? i know the CPE intake sounds good so i need both for him. because that valve is useless without the intake to take in more air.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Turbosmart makes one for the CX7 now. Nice but very expensive.
Forge BPV is what I went with. Works great less money

CAI is great and what I have from CP-E. One note if you are into driving off road or in conditions where the lower portion of your car may be submerged under water go with a SRI instead to prevent hydro locking your engine.

I have the ETS TMIC.

CP-E also now has the Stand back controller and a P N P harness to install it. These are on my list of must haves to be able to tune the car

CP-E also has a reflash to give you full throttle authority.
CP-E also has a new higher pressure fuel pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts