Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to put these on my Speed3 but decided against it. These were BRAND NEW OEM headlights that I had kicking around, which I decided to mod. The casings, turn signal reflector, and chrome rings have been painted jet black. The ring around the HID projector was color matched A4A True Red. Obviously they have not been sealed back up just yet, but they will be cleaned, and sealed properly before having them shipped out.

Not sure what to ask but I will start at $400 OBO.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I wanted to chime and say those look terrific! Someone earlier today posted a suby with the same treatment and it looked terrific.

Good luck with the sale.

Here is what I was talking about. Element, hope you don't mind me posting this in your FS thread.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice, I've seen this look on an STi with red brakes, wheel lips, hella horns, and IC pipe joints - everything else blacked out.

Hot hot hot! I would guess this looks better on black mica than true red, though.

400 is a steal!

·
Registered
734 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=135437.msg2915443#msg2915443 date=1233873543]
I wanted to chime and say those look terrific! Someone earlier today posted a suby with the same treatment and it looked terrific.

Good luck with the sale.

[/quote]

where is that? if its the same pic im thinking of its the sickest STi I have ever seen. I have it saved on my laptop but I'm at work

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=ST_RIOT link=topic=135437.msg2915451#msg2915451 date=1233873651]
Nice, I've seen this look on an STi with red brakes, wheel lips, hella horns, and IC pipe joints - everything else blacked out.

Hot hot hot! I would guess this looks better on black mica than true red, though.

400 is a steal!
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments. I think the price is fair too as OEM HID headlights would be much much more. I never put them on my True Red yet, but I think I will try them out to see what it looks like. I really wanted angel eyes but the rings looked really off on the black and red.

·
Registered
734 Posts
[quote author=Element link=topic=135437.msg2915469#msg2915469 date=1233873863]
Thanks for the compliments. I think the price is fair too as OEM HID headlights would be much much more. I never put them on my True Red yet, but I think I will try them out to see what it looks like. I really wanted angel eyes but the rings looked really off on the black and red.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree. Good luck with the sale.

Thats the picture I was thinking about, man that thing is a beast. I like that bumper because it inverts the pig nose.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Man, this makes me want to crack open my headlights and take out the reflectors + black them out... that looks reallly good. I agree, they will look best on a Black Mica hatch.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=135437.msg2915876#msg2915876 date=1233883083]
Man, this makes me want to crack open my headlights and take out the reflectors + black them out... that looks reallly good. I agree, they will look best on a Black Mica hatch.
[/quote]

x2

·
Registered
144 Posts
if i didnt have angel eyes in mine, i would of consider these. nice job man.

$400 for hid lights. this is a steal. gl with the sell man.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=aaaslayer link=topic=135437.msg2919935#msg2919935 date=1234036380]
off topic, but that sti has a one piece window visor, how do you open the rear door without breaking it in half? :p
[/quote]

The windows are frameless on the STI...the visor is attached to the car itself, not the door.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.