Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install done at Hi Flo Custom Exhausts in Manassas VA. Enjoy...let me know what you think. Total cost $480.

Old set up...

New Magnaflow set up...

Sounds Pimp...check my youtube account for sounds...."richierichness"

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Not sure because you could have had a pre-made stainless mandrel bent setup for about the same money. But it's nice to have something unique.

Sounds mean and loud though!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=HitIt link=topic=134124.msg2883274#msg2883274 date=1232655482]
Not sure because you could have had a pre-made stainless mandrel bent setup for about the same money. But it's nice to have something unique.

Sounds mean and loud though!
[/quote]

I saved at least $100 getting a custom build magnaflow. Plus a high flow Magnaflow cat. Going full stainless was pointless to me since no one can see under the car. Mine was also mandrel bent.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Most people get stainless so it does not rust. not because people can see the pipe. Stainless doesn't mean shiny it just means that it will take a whole lot longer for it to rust then aluminized steel.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
that muffler looks like the one on the mazdaspeed accessory exhaust, leading me to believe it's made by magnaflow, also it sounds almost exactly the same. nice.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
actually the mazdaspeed is made by bosal

and dc sports is pretty much has the same thing as the magnaflow / bosal / mazdaspeed cat back, they all sound almost 100% the same, when i buy a new muffler since my mazdaspeed muffler cracked in to the exhaust, i'll be buying magnaflow since the sound is the same.

for 480 i'd have bought a NEW stainless exhaust... and i do not like the tip's orientation at all.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
[quote author=richierichness link=topic=134124.msg2883425#msg2883425 date=1232658427]
Mine was also mandrel bent.
[/quote]

Well, there is a difference - lots of shops use tubing benders that stretch and neck down the pipe, as can be seen here:

If you compare that with say a cobb catback you will see the pipe stays the same diameter at the bends. The mandrel is what they stick inside the pipe so that it doesn't collapse. Sorry, your's isnt that way.

Don't mean to bag on your exhaust, like I said before it sounds pretty mean.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=HitIt link=topic=134124.msg2883631#msg2883631 date=1232664624]
[quote author=richierichness link=topic=134124.msg2883425#msg2883425 date=1232658427]
Mine was also mandrel bent.
[/quote]

Well, there is a difference - lots of shops use tubing benders that stretch and neck down the pipe, as can be seen here:

If you compare that with say a cobb catback you will see the pipe stays the same diameter at the bends. The mandrel is what they stick inside the pipe so that it doesn't collapse. Sorry, your's isnt that way.

Don't mean to bag on your exhaust, like I said before it sounds pretty mean.
[/quote]

That pic is from my old exhaust...not the new one. but good eye.

[quote author=biped link=topic=134124.msg2883532#msg2883532 date=1232661385]
actually the mazdaspeed is made by bosal

and dc sports is pretty much has the same thing as the magnaflow / bosal / mazdaspeed cat back, they all sound almost 100% the same, when i buy a new muffler since my mazdaspeed muffler cracked in to the exhaust, i'll be buying magnaflow since the sound is the same.

for 480 i'd have bought a NEW stainless exhaust... and i do not like the tip's orientation at all.
[/quote]

I wanted a flush mounted tip...I wanted something different...but I can see how you might not like the orientation.

·
Banned
231 Posts
looks and sounds good. i have the magnaflows on my hemi 300c, not my cup of tea so getting rid of them for flowmasters, but for the wife's mazda3 i may just get this. is there any drone with this?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is only a gentle throaty flutter of the pistons jumping up and down...no drone....that was the main reason I got rid of my old exhaust. For your wife...she might not like the slight back pressure noise when shifting gears....Idol sounds great too.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since this install I had MSDS headers and upgraded motor mounts. The exhaust is way too loud and the fitment is off so I need to take it in for adjustments and add a resonator.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts