Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

· Registered
4,484 Posts
Re: custom LP L.E.D lights

Damn that is bright! A little overkill, but it looks cool.

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thats what i was thinking but fuck they are kick ass!
only thing that worries me is that it might be too bright and cause and issue with cops.

hopefully it'll look good with the 07bumper and the dgm valence
i was also thinking bout some custom interior lights seeing as theirs little to no light at all in the rear.

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i dont see the problem in that, its not illegal
i dont do anything illegal, nor do i have a false LP
the car attracts attention enough as it is, and i dont want to get fucked over when single wedge leds are to dim or one goes out and get problems with the law.
as i see it im actually helping out the law
in TX the law is that the LP must be visible at all times, and from a distance of 200ft or so.
they get to see my plates clearly when theres no lights around :lol:

· Registered
38,350 Posts

[quote author=xrc link=topic=141456.msg3055092#msg3055092 date=1239591232]
Damn those LED are bright.. Just a thought... do you really want to draw that much attention to your license plate??
[/quote]

Must be trying to wash out the plate so the toll cams can't get him :lol:

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

well were the future location of a world wide headquarters for a european car maker

city doesnt bother with toll cams
while theirs other things at large

though there are cams on some stop lights but no need to worry about a ticket for running a red light

btw
hows the gtspec bar?

· Registered
2,446 Posts

Looks like the set I made. It's a pretty easy project, if you've soldered LEDs in the past. The housing & lense just snaps together. I just cut a PC board from radioshack to size, soldered a 10 superflux/pirahna LED array (2 LEDs and one resister per leg) in each housing. Total cost for the mod is about $10 and about 1hr's worth of work.

The only difference is that I modified the rear bumper trim so that both housings would sit closer together, rather than widely spaced.

· Registered
38,350 Posts

[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=141456.msg3057840#msg3057840 date=1239695500]
well were the future location of a world wide headquarters for a european car maker

though there are cams on some stop lights but no need to worry about a ticket for running a red light

btw
hows the gtspec bar?
[/quote]

haha that's been in the closet since ...I dunno, was it October? Hasn't been warm enough here to do anything major like dropping subframes and such, and since I planned on doing the FSB at the same time.... I'll have to get back to you :lol:

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

[quote author=sok07 link=topic=141456.msg3058129#msg3058129 date=1239719309]
Looks like the set I made. It's a pretty easy project, if you've soldered LEDs in the past. The housing & lense just snaps together. I just cut a PC board from radioshack to size, soldered a 10 superflux/pirahna LED array (2 LEDs and one resister per leg) in each housing. Total cost for the mod is about $10 and about 1hr's worth of work.

The only difference is that I modified the rear bumper trim so that both housings would sit closer together, rather than widely spaced.
[/quote]never seen yours, but might look similar.
though they are very different

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=141456.msg3059116#msg3059116 date=1239742656]
[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=141456.msg3057840#msg3057840 date=1239695500]

btw
hows the gtspec bar?
[/quote]

haha that's been in the closet since ...I dunno, was it October? Hasn't been warm enough here to do anything major like dropping subframes and such, and since I planned on doing the FSB at the same time.... I'll have to get back to you :lol:
[/quote]lol damn
i imagined it being installed asap for better handling!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.