Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a tad bit more sound from my exhaust system. I currently have the stock system.
Will cutting out the muffler and replacing it with a Magnaflow muffler with tip make it very loud? I want a very light soft sound. I drive a lot on the highway and want no droning and do not want it loud at all.. Just some umph to it... I see the Magnaflow mufflers are only like 80 dollars or so...

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you keep the second cat and the resonator then it shouldn't increase a lot. I don't think you should have droning at all either. Muffler on factory size piping shouldn't make it very much louder.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i just want a slight tone maybe a little rumble but nothing loud. I guess noticeable but not loud... I like how the stock mazdaspeed 3 exhaust sounds. That would be perfect...

How many cats are under there? 2 cats and 1 muffler? I've never really looked.

·
Registered
860 Posts
2 cats (1 build into the header), resonator, muffler in that order from front to back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So like if i take the muffler out and add something like this?You think that would be loud?

I snatched this picture off the forums... Not sure who's it is...

·
Registered
860 Posts
[quote author=07mazzy3 link=topic=136643.msg2946280#msg2946280 date=1235010447]
its mine!!! i got it dont last week! i have the resonator and muffler deleted and i added a vibrant tip!

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s220.photobucket.com/flash/p.../albums/dd307/eb230029/VID00051.flv"></embed>
[/quote]

That sounds to high pitched for my taste. I think my trubendz is a lot deeper then that. Not my cup of tea. Sorry.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks nice... sounds a little too loud for what im looking for.
So you think if i leave everything and just swap out the muffler it should be good?

·
Registered
332 Posts
thats what i did. i just swapped n a magnaflow muffler and it sounds amazing. not to loud at all. need deep growl.

·
Registered
565 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts