Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 mazda 3 hatchback 2.3l with an all stock stereo system which is a 5 disc cd player and the bose system speakers and stock amp car comes with.

My question is this can I take that amp out and instal an aftermarket one to the stock wires or would i have to rewire everything.

Or would it be a good idea to leave stock stuff alone, and instal a second amp. Probable not cause that amp is junk in the car.

Also what are good speakers for the door to use in it, and are there any companies that offer door tweeters besides the stock ones looking to upgrade it all.

One more thing I promise are there any plug and play head units I'm looking to be lazy with the instal if possible.

I am a music junkie bought this car used almost 2 years ago, and have not had a chance to get to the audio well I wanna make that change. I like loud deep thunder roaring bass that gets people's heads turning when I drive by in sexy little car

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have an 07 mazda 3 hatchback 2.3l with an all stock stereo system which is a 5 disc cd player and the bose system speakers and stock amp car comes with.

My question is this can I take that amp out and instal an aftermarket one to the stock wires or would i have to rewire everything.

Or would it be a good idea to leave stock stuff alone, and instal a second amp. Probable not cause that amp is junk in the car.

Also what are good speakers for the door to use in it, and are there any companies that offer door tweeters besides the stock ones looking to upgrade it all.

One more thing I promise are there any plug and play head units I'm looking to be lazy with the instal if possible.

I am a music junkie bought this car used almost 2 years ago, and have not had a chance to get to the audio well I wanna make that change. I like loud deep thunder roaring bass that gets people's heads turning when I drive by in sexy little car
Yeah, well people don't appreciate that. And, you're also damaging your hearing so it's almost a toss-up as Karma will catch up with you.

·
Banned
771 Posts

YES

SEE:
https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i/

YES. Speaker choice is subject to individual listening and the quality of sound you like. YES the more expensive the speakers (most of the time) = better the sound reproduction. This is something you must do the research by first setting your budget and then x2 for reality. Then read everything you can on choices and reviews from both DIY as well established Audio professionals.

One more thing I promise are there any plug and play head units I'm looking to be lazy with the install if possible.
For you model Mazda you would need to find others on this forum that have done the swap or like another member suggested to look at Crutchfield for some valuable information to answer best your question.

**I am a music junkie bought this car used almost 2 years ago, and have not had a chance to get to the audio well I wanna make that change. I like loud deep thunder roaring bass that gets people's heads turning when I drive by in sexy little car
**The description is Audiophile
I am an Audiophile since the mid 70's when the hot sound equipment was Jensen Triax II a quad 8-track player with separate under the dash EQ and sound re-reverberation control. :laugh:
My 1982 Camaro in 1982 was completely modded both drive-train and naturally sound system with 36 speakers of which you could only physically see 4 of them 2 of which were in the sub box. This was long before stereo contests and custom stereo systems were so popular. :laugh:
Boy I just aged the shit out of myself.....:rolledeyes: :laugh:

My 2018 Mazda3 Touring came with a BOSE system that is not being complete re vamped which includes a custom sub box in the trunk and all the BOSE speakers replaced. :grin2:
You can see some project progression on my thread here:
https://www.mazda3forums.com/57-mazda3-axela/762744-m3racerx-mazda-3-projects.html

new picture I have not posted on my thread yet.... :wink2: :smile2:

IMG_7989_resize.JPG

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STEREO UPGRADE PROJECT AND KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT YOU DO!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like loud deep thunder roaring bass that gets people's heads turning when I drive by in sexy little car[/quote]

Yeah, well people don't appreciate that. And, you're also damaging your hearing so it's almost a toss-up as Karma will catch up with you.[/QUOTE]

Dude wasn't saying it as if I drive around in an ignorantly loud car I was meaning it as in the appropriate setting I appreciate that double look like wow that guys sound system is bad ass I just like to have the option, and the stock sound system doesn't cut it for me

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all this positivity, and help

P.s. your trunk looks awesome done up like that

YES

SEE:
https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i/

YES. Speaker choice is subject to individual listening and the quality of sound you like. YES the more expensive the speakers (most of the time) = better the sound reproduction. This is something you must do the research by first setting your budget and then x2 for reality. Then read everything you can on choices and reviews from both DIY as well established Audio professionals.

One more thing I promise are there any plug and play head units I'm looking to be lazy with the install if possible.
For you model Mazda you would need to find others on this forum that have done the swap or like another member suggested to look at Crutchfield for some valuable information to answer best your question.

**I am a music junkie bought this car used almost 2 years ago, and have not had a chance to get to the audio well I wanna make that change. I like loud deep thunder roaring bass that gets people's heads turning when I drive by in sexy little car
I am an Audiophile since the mid 70's when the hot sound equipment was Jensen Triax II a quad 8-track player with separate under the dash EQ and sound re-reverberation control. /images/FMVperformance_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
My 1982 Camaro in 1982 was completely modded both drive-train and naturally sound system with 36 speakers of which you could only physically see 4 of them 2 of which were in the sub box. This was long before stereo contests and custom stereo systems were so popular. /images/FMVperformance_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Boy I just aged the shit out of myself.....
/images/FMVperformance_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png

My 2018 Mazda3 Touring came with a BOSE system that is not being complete re vamped which includes a custom sub box in the trunk and all the BOSE speakers replaced. /images/FMVperformance_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
You can see some project progression on my thread here:
https://www.mazda3forums.com/57-mazda3-axela/762744-m3racerx-mazda-3-projects.html

new picture I have not posted on my thread yet.... /images/FMVperformance_2014/smilies/tango_face_wink.png /images/FMVperformance_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

View attachment 97414

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STEREO UPGRADE PROJECT AND KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT YOU DO!

·
Banned
771 Posts
if all I hear is bass with no tone, my head turns but you dont want to know what I think
Yes however in reality if the vehicle is a hardtop or convertible with the top up you really should mostly be her the low bass or below 150HZ because those sounds frequencies are not directional. So you might think the same thoughts about me if I were playing my "SMOOTH JAZZ" and was at a stop light next to you. But if you were to get into my car and share the experience that thought and first impression of predominantly hearing bass would be different. :wink2: :grin2:
We promoted ( my brother's Concert Promotion business 70's/80's Pyramid Presentations) Eric Burden once comment after sitting in one of my car and commented with wide eye and said..."I sound better in your car then in life"!

For those not knowing who Eric Burden is..

·
Banned
771 Posts
I am an Audiophile since the mid 70's........
My 1982 Camaro in 1982 was completely modded both drive-train and naturally sound system with 36 speakers of which you could only physically see 4 of them 2 of which were in the sub box. This was long before stereo contests and custom stereo systems were so popular. :laugh:
Just think what were some of your doing in 1982? :wink2:
IMG_8011edit.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts