Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just took my HU out to view how I would setup my amp to the stock hu, and I personally dont want to solder anything. I am mainly curious about a LOC from my back speakers.

1. I want to know where to tap into the speakers from. (the trunk, mess with the seats, idk.

2. If I use a LOC can i still get all of my power from the amp? And is this method just another way to connect to the HU without messing with the actual hu?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I tapped into my rear speakers through the wiring harness. If you don't want to solder then get wire taps. All an LOC does is convert the high-level output from your HU into an RCA one. Your amplifier is what powers your subs. If you want to save the trouble of not having to purchase an LOC, get an amplifier with either high level inputs, speaker level inputs or line level inputs; they are all the same. It means that you can skip the LOC and run wires straight from your harness to the amplifier. And you wont be messing with the HU, just tapping into the wires for the rear speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts