Mazda3 Forums banner

CS DP ordered, install Q

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  killa cam 
#1 ·
i just ordered corksport DP (2 days ago), from protege garage. i could not find a write for a DP install. I know bunch of people did it and say it's a Pita to do. I already armed myself with PB blaster, i will have a lift and quite a few tools. Although i haven't done any exhausts mods before (i did do a RP). Can anyone give any pointers? maybe top of the head directions? I will probably be doing it myself. so anyone top of their head step by step? oh and, will i need new gaskets (do they come with it?)

also, anyone have any feedback on PG? when i ordered it, my biling adress got messed up (don't know if it was my fault or website was acting up), i tried calling them for two days, left massages, they haven't called me back. on the website it say's that they are still processing it (for 2 days). it's gonna be a cross country delivery, and i would like to get it by next friday (only day i can use the shop is sat). any problems with them?

#7 ·
get ready to be patient. Get a big ass pry bar. you are gonna need all the help you can get to get those studs off.

It is alot easier when the exhaust is wickid hot, buy some mechanics gloves.

it will take longer than you expect it to, dont worry about it.

DO NOT STRIP THE O2 sensors. The main o2 sensor cost almost 400 bucks from a retailer and almost 500 from the dealership. Ask me how i know. If you feel any resistance with the o2 sensor back it off and PB blast. Think 2 steps forward and one step back.

#8 ·
thanks for all the advices.

pg, yea, they seem like a cool company, just getting in touch is kind of hard. i emailed them once, and left 3 messages. 3 issues, 1. change the billing address, 2. do i need new gaskets, and if i do, does it come with it. 3. i needed it delivered by friday (this coming). regarding the delivery, on the day I asked about it(i called them last wednesday) they said i should have it by next (this) thursday. But, with all this getting in touch with them, i only got a confirmation of it being shipped, today. It takes about 5-7b days to get it delivered. So most likely i won't be getting it even by friday. Which sucks, cause i don't know when is the next time i'll have the shop to me.

So all in favor of doing it while it's hot?
from one guy's write up, i need to take whole bunch of things from the top (mani, heat shield) and then go underneath?

i was thinking,
1. put it on the lift
2. get some coffee(let it cool down)
3. pb blast the crap out of it
4. do an oil change + add more pb blaster
5. start undoing the bolts

how long would you let it sit with the pb blaster?

#10 ·
I ordered my corksport dp from PG and no problems. Im a mechanic and have access to power tools and a lift and the install took me about 2 hrs 15 mins. also did a race pipe in that time. The install isnt bad IMO, like every one else said PB blaster is great. Just take your time and you wont have any problems. if you havent already get ready to experience boost cut.........

#13 ·
yep you gotta take off the intercooler and two of the exhaust manifold heat shields. its really not as hard as you would think. like i said just take your time. and ya boost cut. i got it with nothing other than my exhaust and a MSCAI.

#16 ·
[quote author=sleserginekolog link=topic=137513.msg2975197#msg2975197 date=1236179843]
hmm, so warm. ok, thanks.
sleeperstang1994: so how did you fight boost cuts?
[/quote]
i havent yet. :shock: im looking at getting an AP but dont have the funds, as of right now its really starting to piss me off. :x It seems if the temp is below about 40 degrees and i go more than half throttle i get cut :(. I just try to stay out of the throttle......but that gets old really quick. lets just say this, im getting so sick of it im contemplating puting my stock downpipe and mid pipe back on and just running cbe till i can get some money together. Dont get me wrong i love the sound and it deffinitly added alot of power( per butt dyno) but what good is more power if it actually slows you down......... :(

#17 ·
killa cam: yea dude, still on your RP :lol:
the reason i didn't buy CPE off you, cause it's expensive, and it's a one piece. I just needed a DP, and i got CS for $285 (can't beat that).... i know that CPE is a much better peace.... I am thinking about getting a 335i next year, so buying expensive parts is pointless...

Ok, so anyone else has boost cuts with DP????????

i'd hate for that to happen....

#19 ·
335i is only a dream right now, i'm deploying in the summer, then coming back, selling ms3 and if it goes thru, then 335 here i come. i know dynon chip and intake takes it to 400bhp. right? then dp etc....

#20 ·
#21 ·
so anyway, update. DP was initially supposed to come in thursday 5 mar 09. I did not come in, and today is 8 mar 09 (i know they make deliveries on saturdays). so that's 3 day's overdue already, and i don't even know if i have it on monday. I had a deal to go to the shop on saturday, and start enjoying the dp... now, i don't know when the next time i will be able to get to the shop i got bunch of finals, work etc.... so install probably won't take in near future... :x

Cameron, i got a question... i heard that the first 335's had some turbo cooling problems, or something along the lines... do you know anything about that? and what years was it? i know 135 doesn't have that problem, just first productions of 335's did....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.