Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about 3 weeks of looking and shopping around, I finally purchased my new Mazda 3. After about an hour of haggling for this velocity red 5 door we just could not get the price down far enough so I ended up wiht the Solar Yellow 5 door with 5-speed, Moonroof, and 6 cd changer. Only got to drive it straight to work after I picked it up but boy was it an enjoyable ride :D . Anyways I should be able to get some pics up later tomorrow after I get my digi cam back, and just as a small poll for the price I paid.... after tax title , tax and all that good stuff I ended with a final on the road price of 19,400. Just wondering if compared to others I got a good deal, I did not get any discounts for the mazda loyalty or college grad. Anyways GO Mazda :)

- Phil

EDIT: Topic title :twisted:

·
Registered
103 Posts
congrats, that the same color and set up im going to get except im getting ABS/ xenon lights also. wanted winning blue but everyones getting it along with tit grey. the price you got 19.400 is about righ,including tax and tags, might been able to get a little lower but not much. sounds like you did good. what was the price before tax,tags and stuff ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
M3 pricing

Good price at 19.4.... I just picked up my Solar Yellow hatchback last nite, and I paid 19.8 with everything on it accept Leather and the Navi system.
It's such a sweet color, I wonder why people aren't getting this color more, too flashy or something?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations on the car! My name's Phil too :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Solar Yellow

I fell in love with the yellow, I liked the red and deep blue too but there wasn't that spark that the yellow had. This may sound funny, but the shape of the car goes well with the yellow color.

how long have you had your orange M3?

·
Registered
38 Posts
raitchison, cool.

The weather's so bad out here on the east coast, I don't even want to drive it to work, to much damn rock-salt on the road.

I'm still getting used to the 5-speed, I'm a little rusty, it's a real smooth engine though...

·
Registered
947 Posts
The Mazda3's five speed takes getting used to, primarily because of the delay in the electronic throttle response. It makes driving smooth difficult. Even those with extensive experience driving a manual will find the Mazda3 to take a little getting use to.

·
Registered
526 Posts
LeeLee said:
The Mazda3's five speed takes getting used to, primarily because of the delay in the electronic throttle response. It makes driving smooth difficult. Even those with extensive experience driving a manual will find the Mazda3 to take a little getting use to.
Hmmm... interesting. I finally demoed a 3 last Saturday and was amazed at how easy it was to drive smoothly... I never noticed any delay in the throttle?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dinu,

Yea, My main problem is going from 1st to 2nd gear, it's a little jumpy, I don't blame the car, I blame me... Yea, I WILL get pics of my Yellow 3 by the end of the day, some nice hi-rez ones, can't wait.

I really don't want to work, just want to practice driving all day.... :p

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello fellow solar yellow MZ3 owner. You are the second one on the boards that I know of. I must say good choice. Post some pics when you get a chance, I would love to see the HB in this most excellent color. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
SolarMZ3,

Thanks! Yellow was the only color for me, blue was nice, so was the red, but Yellow was the hands-down winner.

I'll get some nice pics up on this thread tonight.

How long have you had your 3?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got mine the day after Thanksgiving. U.S. Thanksgiving that is. I love it. I have yet to name her.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nite pics of Yellow 3

Well, Since I had NO time today to take pics in the daylight, I had to take some in the dark, some of them are cool though... here they are. Damn it was cold tonite...

spooky!

yea, that's my car...

a closer look

nice rims ehh?

too dark, I know...

Well, that's it for today, I'll have some daytime pics for the weekend.

:)[/img]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts