Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[posted this in another thread without response]

I have a question about the crossover point(s) for the bose "sub" (laughable to call it a sub imo). Does anyone know at what frequency is it lowpassed? I have also heard that the signal is highpassed as well- can anyone confirm this?

My concern is that the bose sub goes up real high into the midbass and that if I take it out when I put in my sub that there will be a big hole in that freq range unless I cross my sub over REALLY high (which I don't want to do). I'd like to cross my sub over at about 80-90hz. Maybe I will need to leave the bose sub in place until I replace the speakers and amp and just add my sub and amp. But then where do I put the sub amp? AHHHHGGGG

I plan on eventually replacing the bose amp and all the bose speakers and just using the stock HU. Maybe I will need to do this all at once with the sub instead of in stages, like I'd like to do?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i actually left the bose sub intact when I added a stealth sub 2 years ago, and when I completed the speaker/amp replacement (yesterday).
I don't know what that little sub is crossed over at, sorry.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=140239.msg3023048#msg3023048 date=1238256768]
i actually left the bose sub intact when I added a stealth sub 2 years ago, and when I completed the speaker/amp replacement (yesterday).
I don't know what that little sub is crossed over at, sorry.
[/quote]

Thanks. Where did you put the sub amp? Is there room underneath the seats (front or rear) with the bose stuff in there? Haha well I just got my car yesterday, so I guess i could go take a look...

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=seniordingdong link=topic=140239.msg3023063#msg3023063 date=1238257417]
Thanks. Where did you put the sub amp? Is there room underneath the seats (front or rear) with the bose stuff in there? Haha well I just got my car yesterday, so I guess i could go take a look...
[/quote]
i have a regular hatch, so I used the tool tray in the rear. if you have a sedan or speed3, you prolly don't have one but you can fit an amp under passenger seat if you remove the sub assy. (others have done the same).

Here is a thread I posted. http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=140220.0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts