Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 M3 S sedan, about 46k miles.

The stock suspension is still in good shape, but I have considered beefing it up when the stock shocks finally start to fail, whenever that happens.

I think I would like to use this set-up:

1) MazdaSpeed Shocks and Struts (More stiff than OEM, but not going to jar your fillings loose)

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/spe...LineCode=MZ3&startModelYear=2004&categoryId=4

2) RacingBeat lowering Springs (Same principle as the above, Stiffer but not overkill/Mild Drop, not overkill there either)

http://racingbeat.com/FRmazda_3.htm

3) RacingBeat Front and Rear Sway Bars

4) RacingBeat End Links (Ah, just a good idea, and for $50 bucks, why not)

What do you guys think? I value your opinions, as alot of you have already upgraded the stock suspension.

Thanks in advance guys.

-Everett

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's exactly what I have, except that I have the mazdaspeed springs. I LOVE it, but haven't been able to install my front bar yet, so it's a little oversteer-happy at the moment.

·
Registered
501 Posts
would work.. I'd suggest getting the MS springs to match the shocks but its just personal pref there.

ALSO, a just so you know type of thing: the RB rear bar doesnt fit properly due to incorrectly designed bushings, and you WILL have you do some customization to make it fit your car snugly. RB has acknowledged this problem here on the forums, but has done nothing about it and is selling them as-is. Without the correct bushing you'll here the infamous sway bar clunk that has 13 or 14-someodd pages dedicated to it(this is where RB acknowledged the problem). Caveat Emptor...

I can not speak for the front bar because I never bought it. I was going to buy it shortly after I got the rear but now I will never buy another Racing Beat product again.

Best of luck

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all of the input guys. I appreciate it

While it seems we are on the subject of "matching springs with the appropriate shocks", is there a list of what matches with what?

Im interested in fishing up more information about matching springs with shocks.

Thanks gang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts