Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend just bought a red 68' Covette Sting Ray. He paid $20,000 for it and it was supposedly in good condition (small block)

Dealer only gave him a gallon of gas in it though.

So he's driving it home and it ran out of gas. He and his friend walk to the gas station, to fill it up via a jug, go to the gas station to then fill the tank up.

So then he's stopped at a stop light, and there's smoke coming from the hood. He stops, checks it out, has no idea how anything works, so after it cools tries to start it but it doesn't work. The battery is dead, so they walk to some near gas station, get a car battery from the shop and install it to get the car running again. It fires up and off they go...

Then at a stop light, the rear right wheel completely locks up. The car can't move. He thinks the rear right brake seized.

So then he turns his hazards on gets out of the car and calls a tow truck.

Anyways, a young hispanic woman in a mercedes stops behind him. She sits there at a complete stop, and suddenly decides to give massive throttle. She barrels in to the rear of his car and his corvette rolls into the middle of the intersection.

My friend who's been trying to get his dream car for years goes absolutely ballistic and asks the driver for her information. He's so angry right now, his other friend in the car is in shock, and was trying to take down the drivers license. Well my other friend can't figure out his phone to enter the drivers license number in his phone so that's not going to well.

Meanwhile, the woman in the mercedes starts yelling at my friend "Why didn't you go when the light turned green!" Then my friend was screaming back at her, "My F-in car is BROKEN DOWN".

The woman in the mercedes then floors it drives through a red light, and flee's the scene.

So my friend now has no license plate, only a vague description of the car and driver, and a smashed rear corvette. He reported the hit and run, but after a week, nothing has come up.

Well the dealer that sold him the car is fixing the brakes, but my friend will have to pay the $4,000 in repairs to the body and bumper, etc...

He had no insurance on the car yet because he just bought it and was in the process of getting it insured that same day.

Then the police officer who stopped by the crime scene started giving my friend a hard time for not moving the car to the side of the road. Well the car had a seized brake... Then the officer said that the car has no license and that he's in big trouble...

WOW, the cop was being a complete anus and not making my friend feel any better...

So anyways, the car got towed to his house, and now there's a broken corvette that needs a new rear end. He's got pieces of fiberglass in his house from his car he just invested 20K in. All because of a hit and run due to a broken down car he got from the dealer.

Turns out, he didn't even test drive the car and just bought it... That was one wrong move. :)

So that's what happened to my friend wednesday... lol

Below is a picture of what the car looked like BEFORE the accident. (It's not the exact car, just a similar looking corvette)

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
wow... man i feel sorry for your friend. i would have been about ready to kill that woman in the benz haha.

that sux, i hope it works out for the best, those cars are prime! :goodjob:

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
i would try to find that mercedes owner. cant be hard to spot a broken front end benz...

unless they hide it in the garage... that lady is we-todd-did.

"why didnt you go when the light turns green?" Lol!

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
It's another c ase of an uniformed customer and a learned mistake.....too bad, somewhere somebody has a big block in a garage and it looking for a stingray to put it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts