Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of wheels that I'm not using, but don't really want to get rid of If I sell them, there's little chance that I could find a set again because they're rare and discontinued. So I was thinking, what about renting them out? Someone could get some use out of them and I could get a little cash. Opinions?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Til one gets bent, curbed etc, they dissapear, and you are stuck with broke shit.

If you like em, keep them. Id never loan anyone my wheels, possibly my girl, definately not my wheels

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there are some things to work out, but the renter would have to pay for damage caused under his watch. And they'd pretty much have to be local to KC b/c shipping would be a pain.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
paying damages to a rare rim? i dont think anyone would rent them. unless they roll around with bubble wrap on the rims. unless you lend them out for show car purposes only.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
if u could figure out a way to make sure u were payed for any damage to the rims that would be a pretty cool idea. although, there is still the risk of having ur rims screwed up even if they do pay for the damage.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=65416.msg1121166#msg1121166 date=1167180896]
Til one gets bent, curbed etc, they dissapear, and you are stuck with broke shit.

If you like em, keep them. Id never loan anyone my wheels, possibly my girl, definately not my wheels
[/quote]

lol nobody caught this?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=65416.msg1121344#msg1121344 date=1167188612]
if u could figure out a way to make sure u were payed for any damage to the rims that would be a pretty cool idea. although, there is still the risk of having ur rims screwed up even if they do pay for the damage.
[/quote]

I guess collateral is the solution here.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i think this will end in nothing but complaining and a fight

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=65416.msg1121588#msg1121588 date=1167203209]
i think this will end in nothing but complaining and a fight
[/quote]

+1 the only way i would see it working would be for a car show

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
i've never heard of anyone renting away their wheels. Wouldn't it be easier to just sell them and get the payment in installments?

[quote author=biped link=topic=65416.msg1121414#msg1121414 date=1167190655]
[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=65416.msg1121166#msg1121166 date=1167180896]

[/quote]

lol nobody caught this?
[/quote]

yea, that's when he lends a hand :p

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, it would be easier. part of the idea is that i don't want to part with them permanently.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
lol....2nd worse idea ever in the history of bad ideas.

the first being the idea to dump your exhaust in the middle of the car and leave your stock exhuast tip in back to foil cops from thinking you're riding dirty. hahahaha...it was posted yesterday.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts

[/quote]

When may I pick her up?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd make a case for Social Security as #1, but that's just me. Guess I need to find someone local and trustworthy for it to work.

[quote author=the415 link=topic=65416.msg1122393#msg1122393 date=1167255753]
lol....2nd worse idea ever in the history of bad ideas.

the first being the idea to dump your exhaust in the middle of the car and leave your stock exhuast tip in back to foil cops from thinking you're riding dirty. hahahaha...it was posted yesterday.
[/quote]

·
Registered
920 Posts
I woulnd do that, unless it's a family member. I know it's wrong, but I'd say they we're "stolen" and sell them.... :S Greed is in all of us!
When your talking rare, do you mean like "SSR reverse mesh" rare?? :p

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They're actually the wheels in my signature - RacingHart CP-035s. I've had some good offers, but none good enough that I wanted to get rid of them. I don't know exactly how rare they are or how many were made, but I've only seen one other set on eBay in the last two years.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Them racing harts are HAWT!!!! they're like feathers!!!!

Plz dont loan them to anybody! but you can give them to me :p ahah

1 - 20 of 25 Posts