Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i hope i'm posting this is the right section cus i don't know where else to put it, but about 2 weeks ago i got into an accident that messed up my hood, drivers side fender, front bumper, and drivers side head light. My insurance company gave me a check for $2500 to fix it but this is my first crash and i have some questions i hope someone can help me with.

My car is an 08 i sedan but i really like the s sedan front design and i was wondering if you think i could take my car to a body shop and have them replace my broken parts with mazda 3 s parts? i think they're the same but i really don't know.

also is there anything i should know before i take my car in to get fixed? is any body shop fine or should i ask my mazda 3 dealer?

thanks a lot!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been in an accident like yours with my truck, only causing $6K in damage. I was able to talk to the shop owner and he was able to buy a different hood (fiberglass), grille, bumper, headlight housings, intake, lower valence (air dam) and mirrors all for the same painted price as going OEM.

Your shop should be able to do the same, even if its aftermarket off the internet (shipping is easier since the larger items would be going to a business).

Last time I needed paint, I went through an authorized dealer's paint and body shop. The paint had small metallic flakes in it stock, and even the dealer couldn't paint match it correctly. I'd say talk to people, find a reputable shop, even if it isn't a mazda shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Version_3 link=topic=137157.msg2956232#msg2956232 date=1235424707]
I've been in an accident like yours with my truck, only causing $6K in damage. I was able to talk to the shop owner and he was able to buy a different hood (fiberglass), grille, bumper, headlight housings, intake, lower valence (air dam) and mirrors all for the same painted price as going OEM.

Your shop should be able to do the same, even if its aftermarket off the internet (shipping is easier since the larger items would be going to a business).

Last time I needed paint, I went through an authorized dealer's paint and body shop. The paint had small metallic flakes in it stock, and even the dealer couldn't paint match it correctly. I'd say talk to people, find a reputable shop, even if it isn't a mazda shop.
[/quote]

wow thanks a lot that's really helpful! and i hit a truck too. can i ask where you bought the parts from?

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=beanard link=topic=137157.msg2956762#msg2956762 date=1235437316]

wow thanks a lot that's really helpful! and i hit a truck too. can i ask where you bought the parts from?
[/quote]

It really depends on the parts. Hood came from Cervini's. Intake from truckperformanceparts.com The Grille and bumper came out of the OEM catalog for the S-10 "xtreme", headlights, mirros and the lower air dam from stylinconcepts.com

All those orders were taken care of by the body shop in town here so they didn't have to worry about seperate checks for me to buy the parts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Version_3 link=topic=137157.msg2956807#msg2956807 date=1235438162]
[quote author=beanard link=topic=137157.msg2956762#msg2956762 date=1235437316]

[/quote]

It really depends on the parts. Hood came from Cervini's. Intake from truckperformanceparts.com The Grille and bumper came out of the OEM catalog for the S-10 "xtreme", headlights, mirros and the lower air dam from stylinconcepts.com

All those orders were taken care of by the body shop in town here so they didn't have to worry about seperate checks for me to buy the parts.
[/quote]

ok thanks again i really appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts