Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving to school while the road conditions were very icy and it was snowing out(I was for sure I was going to have a snow day!). I was going through this neighborhood to pick up my friend when this lady driving her honda civic comes straight at me coming the opposite direction and swirves over onto my side of the road and hits me almost head on. The roads were very icy so I don't think it was really her fault that much but she should have been driving slower. She was going about 15 and I was going around 10 when the collision happened so I don't have an injuries but its going to take a month to repair the 5k worth of damage she caused. It was completely her fault so its all paid for but it will be a long month without my 3!

Pics:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
damn. thats blows. did this happen a few weeks ago when ohio got hit hard? cause i live about 50 minutes south of cleveland and the roads have been clean and pretty much no snow for about a week now. i remember getting hit really hard with snow but i took the spare car which is a trail blazer due to the fact that my car was in the shop since someone broke into it.

but hey when that month slowly goes by and you get to pick your 3 up its like getting it when you got it the first night. i didn't have mine for just over a week and i was extremely happy when i pulled into the parking lot and saw my 3 sitting there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Trevs M3 link=topic=135794.msg2933160#msg2933160 date=1234490884]
damn. thats blows. did this happen a few weeks ago when ohio got hit hard? cause i live about 50 minutes south of cleveland and the roads have been clean and pretty much no snow for about a week now. i remember getting hit really hard with snow but i took the spare car which is a trail blazer due to the fact that my car was in the shop since someone broke into it.

but hey when that month slowly goes by and you get to pick your 3 up its like getting it when you got it the first night. i didn't have mine for just over a week and i was extremely happy when i pulled into the parking lot and saw my 3 sitting there.
[/quote]Ya I was actually really excited yesterday when I went to get my 3 and saw it all shiny and clean in the parking lot. Then after 10minutes of driving it the engine and traction control light came on, my heater didn't work, at idle it would vibrate a little bit, the oil heat thingy was either at the H or C but never in the middle, and the engine would make a weird noise if you pressed the pedal all the way down. I took it back to the shop very angry today! :evil:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
[quote author=bakerboy523 link=topic=135794.msg2935663#msg2935663 date=1234574870]
[quote author=Trevs M3 link=topic=135794.msg2933160#msg2933160 date=1234490884]

[/quote]Ya I was actually really excited yesterday when I went to get my 3 and saw it all shiny and clean in the parking lot. Then after 10minutes of driving it the engine and traction control light came on, my heater didn't work, at idle it would vibrate a little bit, the oil heat thingy was either at the H or C but never in the middle, and the engine would make a weird noise if you pressed the pedal all the way down. I took it back to the shop very angry today! :evil:
[/quote]

Sounds like they forgot to plug some stuff back up. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
damn that blows. sorry the hear. the body shop that worked on my car did an amazing job. i will always go to them when i need something repaired/ my insurance company told me to go to them and they went above and beyond and bought all new trim for the interior or exterior to replace the smallest of scratches left behind.

hope you get it all fixed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They called yesterday and they said they fixed all the problems including my broken car lighter(which broke a month after I bought the car) and taking the 1stRicart emblem off. The problem said it wasn't caused by the accident which I think it stupid because it never did that before the accident. They fixed it for free however because it was under warranty. They are trying to get me to pay $60 for fixing the car lighter which I guess is NOT under warranty even though the car light plug cost them $3. They called again when the mechanic picked up the car and told me the car heater still isn't working so now its going back to the shop AGAIN! uggh!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so here is an update for my car. On friday(2/20) they called and said they think the problem was the water pump or something like that. They ordered the part and said it would be done on Tuesday. They call today and tell me that the whole engine needs to be replaced and they are going to order another one to put in. Now I play the waiting game while I wait for the new engine to come.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=bicycle_wreck link=topic=135794.msg2957409#msg2957409 date=1235450184]
The entire engine? What the hell?
[/quote]

From the pictures, there is no way you need a whole new engine.

But if Insurance covers it, I guess go for it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=135794.msg2957432#msg2957432 date=1235450805]
[quote author=bicycle_wreck link=topic=135794.msg2957409#msg2957409 date=1235450184]
The entire engine? What the hell?
[/quote]

From the pictures, there is no way you need a whole new engine.

But if Insurance covers it, I guess go for it.
[/quote]

+1

but yeah a new motor does seem a little much for a minor accident like this one appears to be in the pictures. but oh well take as much free stuff as possible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=xxguitarist link=topic=135794.msg2957345#msg2957345 date=1235448579]
Is it possible to request to have the work done by a different shop (dealer) at this point?
[/quote]Ya I thought about that. I'm gonna look for a different shop today and see if I can find any good ones.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I would definitely make sure that the engine (if it really needs to be replaced) IS covered under the insurance. You don't want to get slapped with a 3 grand charge after the fact. You know the other person's insurance company is going to fight that big time, seeing as it only looks to be a "minor fender bender". I find it hard to believe that the whole engine was shot from that small of a collision.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=135794.msg2957829#msg2957829 date=1235486231]
I would definitely make sure that the engine (if it really needs to be replaced) IS covered under the insurance. You don't want to get slapped with a 3 grand charge after the fact. You know the other person's insurance company is going to fight that big time, seeing as it only looks to be a "minor fender bender". I find it hard to believe that the whole engine was shot from that small of a collision.
[/quote]

+1

The only thing I can imagine is the air box being destroyed and some debris being sucked into the TB. Seems like a stretch to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The engine is being covered under warrenty because they said it wasn't from the accident, but that doesn't make sense to me because the engine was working fine before the accident. Whether the engine needs to be replaced or not, I just want the damn thing fixed. Its been 2 months since my accident and this still isn't done with.

·
Registered
690 Posts
that really sucks... which is why i stayed home when snowing and either walked or bummed rides.. but i know how you feel about the waiting game.... AT LEAST after the impact no hit and run was involved.. (probally couldn't anyways due to slick roads)..patience is key during the waiting period...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts