Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mazda 3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of my 2008 Mazda 3 150k mileage salvage title. For sale whole or parts. Engine and transmission ok. Everything worked until I crashed. Actually I can still drive it ( i drove it home from the accident about 3 blocks). Anyway if interested in all or parts please let me know. DFW area

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
If it weren't for the pandemic, and the number of cases in Texas increasing so much, I'd be down there grabbing several items. Any pictures of the engine bay?

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much for the aircon controler panel, bulbs in the buttons (not the backlight) burned out for mine and I can't figure out what are the replacements so I might just buy whole panel :)
Is it worth your time? Plus shipping it to the Ireland?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pics of my 2008 Mazda 3 150k mileage salvage title. For sale whole or parts. Engine and transmission ok. Everything worked until I crashed. Actually I can still drive it ( i drove it home from the accident about 3 blocks). Anyway if interested in all or parts please let me know. DFW area
What engine is it? 2.3? If so what work have you had done to it? example: motor mounts? Oil change intervals? Missed oil changes? ect.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
What engine is it? 2.3? If so what work have you had done to it? example: motor mounts? Oil change intervals? Missed oil changes? ect.
Looking at the pictures, I'm like 99% sure that car is a 2.0 liter model. Besides, the 2.3 is a bunch of junk, if you want one of those, step up to a Ford Duratec 2.5, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking at the pictures, I'm like 99% sure that car is a 2.0 liter model. Besides, the 2.3 is a bunch of junk, if you want one of those, step up to a Ford Duratec 2.5, you'll be glad you did.
Not interested in doing a swap, just want to get more life out of this car. As far as I know swap is alot of extra work and a simple 2.3 replacement is easier. I have 320k miles on mine still runs great, but I lost compression down to 40 percent in one cylinder due to my own negligence. had a code that I cleared, that ended up being a fuel injector going bad so one cylinder ran lean... anyway the 2.3 is a great motor, my mileage went from 26.4 to 18.6 with this damage, but its really pretty neat still runs smooth and still has plenty of power. VVT ftw Most things are new within the last 6 years on the car so I really dont want to give up on it, but if I do I will part it out here. I've ran redline full synthetic in it since the first initial break-in period. I bought this car new in 2005.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Why not rebuild the engine you have rather than swapping it out for an unknown? Also note: The OP of this thread has never responded, so it's a safe bet that vehicle is long gone.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Not interested in doing a swap, just want to get more life out of this car. As far as I know swap is alot of extra work and a simple 2.3 replacement is easier. I have 320k miles on mine still runs great, but I lost compression down to 40 percent in one cylinder due to my own negligence. had a code that I cleared, that ended up being a fuel injector going bad so one cylinder ran lean... anyway the 2.3 is a great motor, my mileage went from 26.4 to 18.6 with this damage, but its really pretty neat still runs smooth and still has plenty of power. VVT ftw Most things are new within the last 6 years on the car so I really dont want to give up on it, but if I do I will part it out here. I've ran redline full synthetic in it since the first initial break-in period. I bought this car new in 2005.
We'll have to agree to disagree, the vast majority of folks here, myself included, believe the 2.3 is crap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes sir I need front bumper and hood how much for both of them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts