Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many hatch owners out there have a rear wiper that actually wipes? Mine is a joke it only clears the part of the rear and leave bands where it doesn't clear even though it was wiped. I am trying to find out if this is just my wiper or if they are all like this before I go yell at the dealer.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Seattle? NO WAY IT RAINS THERE!?!?!? lol

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
If you actually use your rear wiper, put some Rain-X down and it should do a reasonably decent job. Mine never did, and I didnt ever use it, so I just took it off. Makes it look much cleaner back there.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I'm actually against Rain-X. The chemicals in the product strip wax. A better option is to use a quality, water-based wax on the glass instead.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right... sounds like I need to go off to the dealer. Grr...

·
Registered
808 Posts
I wish we could use a different blade than the one Mazda supplies. Everything that I have read leads me to believe there isn't a replacement available other than the OEM one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my old 04 hatch I had that prob and it turned out to be the hinge was all gunked up I pressure washed it then put some lube in there and moved it back and forth and it worked great!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Mine works great too, like the front wipers...you have to clean the blade every so often or it'll streak a bit.

·
Registered
656 Posts
yeh i use mine as well..my cars about a year and half old now and the rear wiper always leaves streaks, its pretty gay...i still havent found a wiper blade thats the same size...ill call mazda today or tomorow and ask how much a replacement blade is and let you guys know

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
mazda is the only place I could ever find one.

Another option is to get a wiper refill, cut it down to approximately 13 inches...slide the old one off and slide the new one on.

Otherwise it's easy to replace the OE wiper, just a bolt under the plastic (12mm I believe).

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
It's like $8 - $10 at the Mazda parts counter. Anyone changing it out for the 1st time needs to be sure to keep the metal insert as it goes into the new blade.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts